• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG..

Any advice on drinking soda aka pop I really enjoyed drinking it in the passed and could find some zero calorie caffeine free ones I just don't know if any of you have experienced any horrible feelings after drinking it or if your Dr advised you to stay away from it ??

i've been told I will never be allowed to drink anything carbonated again, but lots of people on here seem ok with small amounts, sometimes de-fizzed ... if your team haven't banned it then try a bit and see what happens maybe? obviously you need to be sugar free to avoid the cals and dumping.... have a pepsi max for me ok! xxx

i've been told I will never be allowed to drink anything carbonated again, but lots of people on here seem ok with small amounts, sometimes de-fizzed ... if your team haven't banned it then try a bit and see what happens maybe? obviously you need to be sugar free to avoid the cals and dumping.... have a pepsi max for me ok! xxx

Lol I'll try Witchin once I'm able to have food again I was thinking the same thing never been a fan of flat soda with not fizz YUCK but I'm gonna have to start liking everything I didn't like before and broaden my horizons even if I don't like it it's healthier for me so I have to LOVE IT!!! LOL :)~

Carbonated drinks are v much banned. My provider has told me to keep a can of diet coke in the fridge as in the event of a blockage, drinking half can will result in instant regurgitation thereby freeing the blockage. I have been tempted to allow some to go flat to see what happens ... But won't. It's so not good for anyone, in so many ways. Tho I do crave a glass ... :-(

Carbonated drinks are v much banned. My provider has told me to keep a can of diet coke in the fridge as in the event of a blockage, drinking half can will result in instant regurgitation thereby freeing the blockage. I have been tempted to allow some to go flat to see what happens ... But won't. It's so not good for anyone, in so many ways. Tho I do crave a glass ... :-(

Lilac that was my addiction I've never been a coffee or tea drinker I've always preferred hot chocolate or a soda even for breakfast I'd drink a soda if I was at a restaurant could never drink orange juice due to the acid in it so I was pretty much addicted to the caffeine and the delicious taste of an ice cold soda :( I miss that if course I feel like an addict in rehab.. Lol I guess I have to look at the bright side those are empty calories I was putting in my body that weren't any good for me.. I start taking my vitamins today boy was I shocked at how big my calcium pill is I had go out and buy some yesterday because I bought a bunch of vitamin D kicking myself in the butt right now I can't change them so I'm pretty much stuck with 3 bottles of them. Good thing is my provider told me I could drink 1 a day for 3 months there's a light at the end of the tunnel.. Lol.. So I took my first calcium pill this morning it didn't go as expected because it was so BIG.. My second one I decided to crush it went down much better and from now on that's what I'm gonna do with any pill I have to drink that might be too big for my pouch..

Hi just seen the bit about the sandwich.
I was at my parents today and mum asked if we were staying for lunch.
I didn't think much about it an said yes.
I was then presented with a salmon sandwich with cucumber and 3 cherry tomatoes on the side. She has the crust less bread and it was thin cut, I started to eat it and then she said in horror " Oh darling I forgot you shouldn't eat bread, I didn't think about it" she was about to take it off me and do me some cracker instead, but I said well now is a good a time as any to see if I can eat it..
Low and behold it went down OK. I ate it slowly as usual and everything was fine.

It was a change from ryveta and cracker.

I'm 15 weeks post op gastric bypass.

Xx

Hi just seen the bit about the sandwich.
I was at my parents today and mum asked if we were staying for lunch.
I didn't think much about it an said yes.
I was then presented with a salmon sandwich with cucumber and 3 cherry tomatoes on the side. She has the crust less bread and it was thin cut, I started to eat it and then she said in horror " Oh darling I forgot you shouldn't eat bread, I didn't think about it" she was about to take it off me and do me some cracker instead, but I said well now is a good a time as any to see if I can eat it..
Low and behold it went down OK. I ate it slowly as usual and everything was fine.

It was a change from ryveta and cracker.

I'm 15 weeks post op gastric bypass.

Xx

Sounds good Louie you'll never know if you don't try it.. I have eaten 2 peaches so far one yesterday one today half of a banana yesterday too.. I can't not have my fruit I love them to much lol.. I'm just glad I can have them if there soft and I can smash them up..

Woo hoo Jane. It's so great to feel normal in a situation like that isn't it. I don't want to have bread and sandwiches too often but good to know I can manage it if I find myself in that situation again.

Drod - i sympathise with your fizzy drinks 'addiction'. At my worst I was on 12 cans of DC each day. And my supplements are a challenge too, especially the multi vit (have to take two a day) it's the size of a horse pill. I bought a pill cutter and that works for me. A couple of weeks on I'm coping much better getting them down. Each morning I have to take 2 pregnancy ones, and 2 vit D. Then the two massive multi vits during the day, and a chewable calcium at bedtime. Man!

Woo hoo Jane. It's so great to feel normal in a situation like that isn't it. I don't want to have bread and sandwiches too often but good to know I can manage it if I find myself in that situation again.

Drod - i sympathise with your fizzy drinks 'addiction'. At my worst I was on 12 cans of DC each day. And my supplements are a challenge too, especially the multi vit (have to take two a day) it's the size of a horse pill. I bought a pill cutter and that works for me. A couple of weeks on I'm coping much better getting them down. Each morning I have to take 2 pregnancy ones, and 2 vit D. Then the two massive multi vits during the day, and a chewable calcium at bedtime. Man!

Sounds like we'll be walking Pharmacies Lilac I have to take 3 calcium a day vitamin D once a day and a multi vitamin at night chewable Flinstone sheesh hopefully I'll get this down pack so I don't forget since I've never been to good with taking pills daily..

How's your hair Drod? Someone said they thought mine was a bit out of condition. So long as it stays attached to my head ... Hopefully now I'm on the supplements things like that might improve x

Each morning I have to take 2 pregnancy ones, and 2 vit D. Then the two massive multi vits during the day, and a chewable calcium at bedtime. Man!

am I missing something - are you 'with child'?

if so ... WOOP WOOP congratulations!
if not ... is this a good way of getting all the vits and minerals?

xxx

I don't take any supplements just get what I need from my food. Xxx

How's your hair Drod? Someone said they thought mine was a bit out of condition. So long as it stays attached to my head ... Hopefully now I'm on the supplements things like that might improve x

My hair is fine but they said after surgery your hair usually falls off 4 to 8 months later so I'm not losing any right now so so far so good !!! I've been sucking on sour candy but I don't eat it testing out to see if I get that dumping syndrome.. Still no luck with my bowels and by now I would've went I took 3 pills yesterday so today I'm trying 4 pills. Before my surgery I would've taken 6 and had diahrrea in the morning sounds nasty but it worked for me by the way the only thing that worked for me.. So hopefully these 4 work wouldn't want to be up at 6 after surgery especially if the intestine is attached to the stomach differently...lets see how all of this works out for me I'll keep you posted..

I don't take any supplements just get what I need from my food. Xxx

I would seriously seriously query this - I cannot believe that's the recommendation you've been given. I don't doubt you, but please double check with your team as the risk of deficiencies is so high.

am I missing something - are you 'with child'?

if so ... WOOP WOOP congratulations!
if not ... is this a good way of getting all the vits and minerals?

xxx

No, soooo not with child! Just me and my four furbie familiars! ;-)

The supplements I'll take for the rest of my life and are vital, as are regular blood tests (1st 4 weeks post bypass, then 3 months, then yearly - unless there are concerns), and bone scan every 3-4 years possibly. The Pregaday supplement (x 2) is the one I've been prescribed for iron and folic acid. There is also Sanatogen A-Z Complete (x 2 - huge things), Calcichew Forte and 2000 units vit D. Quite a pouch full plus the water to swill them down. I obvs stagger them over the day - but you have to keep iron away from calcium ... Man! Nobody said it was easy! x

Back