• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On my way

Saw the dietician yesterday at Luton following my 4xweek milk diet to lose initial 5% and I've lost more which is great. Now referred to a surgeon - not sure who yet as I didnt have a preference. Should be in a couple of weeks then to get a date. I'm just so pleased everything is moving along :)

I so am - I was stressing like hell at the thought of not losing enough and having things delayed - been the worst year possible so want to end on a good note into 2013 :)

Well done!
Hope you get your next appointment soon, it's a great feeling isn't it when you know things are finally moving along :)
Em xxx

I'm just so impatient :) I should see the Surgeon in a coulple of weeks but apparently it takes that amount of time for the admin staff to actually get round to the letters from yesterday - I'm quite happy to write my own just to get the date in but they just wont have that ;-)

Great news and congrats on getting to the first target and some :)

I'm going to Luton - mainly as it was easier to get to than Birmingham. Not sure what Surgeon yet - they said they will pick a nice one (as opposed to horrible one no doubt :) as I didnt really have a preference - as long as they could do the op I was happy.

Where are you going?

I'm going to Luton - mainly as it was easier to get to than Birmingham. Not sure what Surgeon yet - they said they will pick a nice one (as opposed to horrible one no doubt :) as I didnt really have a preference - as long as they could do the op I was happy.

Where are you going?

I live in Market Harborough so im going to Leicester Royal :) im still trying to loose my 5% i got 9lb to go then im back to the surgeon then i should get my surgey within 18 weeks.

Can i ask why you chose a sleeve over a bypass? x x

Last edited:
I was originally going to have bypass 3 years ago but it freaked me out totally having the whole bypass and having to take supplements etc forever. Few other bits too. After rethinking looked at band and sleeve and the sleeve seems as it would suit me best. I'm now just looking forward to it. It's forever so I had to be surf.

lulunics said:
I live in Market Harborough so im going to Leicester Royal :) im still trying to loose my 5% i got 9lb to go then im back to the surgeon then i should get my surgey within 18 weeks.

Can i ask why you chose a sleeve over a bypass? x x

Good luck with the 5%. Are you on just milk?

No i havent been given the milk diet to follow for the 5% we just have to eat 6 times a day little and often and under 2000 cals.

we only follow a strict diet 14 days before surgery for the liver reductionx

Thanks, I'm now on a 1000 calorie diet from Luton which includes 2 x pints of milk and some extremely small meals - although for once I would be happy to eat everything on the menu - I'm such a picky eater but its all 'quite normal'.

Was going to just do my own diet until Surgery but to be honest - that's why I'm having surgery - I'm just no good - even sticking to salads - theres always a piece of crusty bread or something which will sneak itself onto my plate - naughty bread (mmmm bread).

Anyway I'd hate to undo all the hard work from being on just milk for 4 weeks - getting a little paranoid - but thats not really a bad thing for me :)

Back