• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

luton and dunstable hospital

Hi Peter....
i am on week 3 of the milk diet at the L&D...
how are you finding it???
i am back there on the 22nd march all being good...my weight is fluctuating up and down at the moment ...lol..typical..

Sorry called you peter, hi Gary lol

Hi I'm also at the L&D and have just finished my 4 week milk diet - next appointment to see the surgeon & anethetist is 11th April.

Hi All,

Just to say hi, I am currently on the milk diet and also at L&D.

Come and say hi.

Hi there,

My op is in June and I am currently on the refeeding/low cal diet.

How are you finding the milk diet?

Hi there,

My op is in June and I am currently on the refeeding/low cal diet.

How are you finding the milk diet?

To be honest I am finding it surprisingly easy. I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it, and the extra toilet breaks have been a bit of a pain, but my body does feel a different body shape.

So where we all from then?

I'm in Clacton-on-Sea, a lovely 100 miles away from the L&D!!!

So where we all from then?

I too was okay with the milk...so much easier when food is out of the mix :)

I am in Luton and you should be able to see where most people are from if you look in the left column under the picture box .

I am at the L&D dont know who my surgeon is...my journey has been somewhat jittery, I initially went in Dec 2009 was refused on the grounds of an underlying eating disorder, I went away and worked incredibly hard, finally got cleared 3 weeks ago :D very proud of myself! But now I am better I can see why they said no! Anyway appointment to see the nurse on Monday to start the milk diet I am led to believe, I havent seen a surgeon at all yet. I get very impatient not knowing when I am going to see who and when. I am expecting surgery around Feb but thats by my calculations not theirs LOL...I just wish they would lay it out clearer because after so much hardwork I want to know like yesterday ;) x

I am at the L&D dont know who my surgeon is...my journey has been somewhat jittery, I initially went in Dec 2009 was refused on the grounds of an underlying eating disorder, I went away and worked incredibly hard, finally got cleared 3 weeks ago :D very proud of myself! But now I am better I can see why they said no! Anyway appointment to see the nurse on Monday to start the milk diet I am led to believe, I havent seen a surgeon at all yet. I get very impatient not knowing when I am going to see who and when. I am expecting surgery around Feb but thats by my calculations not theirs LOL...I just wish they would lay it out clearer because after so much hardwork I want to know like yesterday ;) x

Im at L&D and based in Peterborough, so if you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hi Nicki

Welcome to the site, they're a friendly bunch on here. I'm having my op 23 Feb at L&D, any questions please ask, I know I had loads, (and as I work my way through the system, still more, but someone can usually help). I did write a detailed report recently on the thread 'Calling all L&Ders' - Peterborough Guy, which may be of interest to you, maybe someone can help you with a link here, I'm rubbish at these things. There is a brief run down of my appointments in my signature though.

Thank you all...I have sooo many questions! Would drive you all mad. ;) My pyschologist had said she thought Jan/Feb time, but that seems unlikely looking at peoples signatures. I am seeing the nurse on Monday and then the milk diet starts I have been so nervous I have been baking :/ kids dont mind though ;)
What are the worse side effects of being on an all milk diet?

Strangely I didn't mind being on the milk diet too much, though I did have problems with massive weight gain when I reintroduced food, but that has settled back down now. But back to the milk diet, found that I didn't feel hungry after first day or two, the weight fell off during the first week, slowed during the following three but easily made their 5% target, some people have problems with their bowels, I was lucky, I didn't, but as it can affect people in either way, too loose or difficult to go, I suggest you don't take any fybergel or anything until you've worked out what if any effect it has on you. Drink lots of extra fluids as this helps with weight loss. You will be running to the loo alot at first but this does steady off. I got fed up of the savoury drink after a few days so left this one off, don't believe it made any difference, used the sf jelly and chewing gum though. Found 4th week more difficult as I was getting fed up, though still not hungry, just missing food in general. Get yourself some nas Cresta (Crusha), most supermakets stock it, I could only find strawberry flavour, but I added this to my breakfast milk each morning.

Last edited:
Strangely I didn't mind being on the milk diet too much, though I did have problems with massive weight gain when I reintroduced food, but that has settled back down now. But back to the milk diet, found that I didn't feel hungry after first day or two, the weight fell off during the first week, slowed during the following three but easily made their 5% target, some people have problems with their bowels, I was lucky, I didn't, but as it can affect people in either way, too loose or difficult to go, I suggest you don't take any fybergel or anything until you've worked out what if any effect it has on you. Drink lots of extra fluids as this helps with weight loss. You will be running to the loo alot at first but this does steady off. I got fed up of the savoury drink after a few days so left this one off, don't believe it made any difference, used the sf jelly and chewing gum though. Found 4th week more difficult as I was getting fed up, though still not hungry, just missing food in general. Get yourself some nas Cresta you mean crusha , most supermakets stock it, I could only find strawberry flavour, but I added this to my breakfast milk each morning.

corrected for you as crestas were very heavy vauxhalls and no good for dieting :D:D

the only thing i've found with the l&d is that i have'nt seen the surgeon who did my op since the day i was let out ..........i've seen the dietitian once (going back next month too) but my appointments with the surgeon have been cancelled twice :confused:

I absolutley positively hate SF Jelly, what is its purpose in the milk diet? might make it easier to stomach :)

I absolutley positively hate SF Jelly, what is its purpose in the milk diet? might make it easier to stomach :)

Don't worry about it, you don't have to have the jelly it's not compulsory, I think it's just given as something to 'eat' rather than liquid all the time. Mind once you've crunched your way through a whole car........:8855:

Back