• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

luton and dunstable hospital

charley1987

hi im under luton and dustable hospital for my op and i just wondered if any one else is under this hospital and what surgeon r u under.
I have just finished my milk diet, i lost 1 stone 5 pounds and i am now on my re-introducing diet and start it tommorrow and should get to meet my surgeon within the next 4 weeks then i will get my surgery date.

Karma67

hi

I'm at the L&D too , but i've only started my milk diet today so yur further along than me lol. Well done on a great weight loss so far with the milk diet...i'm very impressed...I hope i do as well x

Tyraboots

Hi I'm at the Luton and Dunstable too. I've done the milk diet and am currently doing the refeeding diet, which is something to look forward too. There is a varied menu, plus snacks. I have my appointment booked with the surgeon on the 9th November. I am hoping I get my op before Xmas.

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Hi, I couldn't get funding to have my op at the L&D so have had to go private at the Spire in Harpenden, my surgeon is the same as at the L&D though - Mr Whitelaw.

I lost my 5%, am now on day 11 of the liver shrinking (milk) diet and have my op with Mr Whitelaw and his accomplis Mr Jain on Saturday! :eek:

Cuppa xx

diesel

hi charley1987. i am under the l and d. iam struggling with the milk diet and not loosing like any of you seem to be. ive been on it nearly 3 weeks now and only lost 11 lbs and gota loose 8 lbs by next week which aint gona happen. im really worried bout this and dont know what im doing wrong apart from maybe not drinking enough water. im drinking 4 pints of milk, 2 bovril and bout 4 cups of tea a day. can you give me any advise please. im worried if i go next week and not lost what they wanted, i wont get my date to see surgeon. what do you think please?

Scarlet

hey diesel...

I found i lost more on the milk diet when i upped my liquid intake i started flushing through the toxins, also i retained more fluid the less I drank.

also i found taking the figergel helped to shift it out the other end ....i ended up so horribly constipated - but once i dealt with that i lost 4lbs :D

11lbs in 3 weeks is good (well seems to me to be good anyways), if you dont meet it by week 4 they will give you longer (up to 12 weeks I believe, or so i was told)

keep faith....up the water, and see what happens and good luck!!

diesel

thanks for that advice mickeylou. everyone keeps telling me to drink more water but i just cant drink plain water. would a bit of sugar free squash hurt? i know i can go few more weeks but i expect like all you guys, i desperately want a date for my op and dont want to wait to find out when it is. my appoint to go back and see dietician is 13 jan but as i not reached my target weight and have to travel nearly an hour to get there, do you think i should ring them, explain situation and extend my time til i do reach my target weight, im unsure what to do.

daftmoo

I was bypassed at the L&D last June, feel free to ask any questions xx

Scarlet

I was told sugar free squash or diet drinks were fine, i kept my fluids up with Pepsi max (yes i know not the healthiest but i like it) - go to your appointment, they will give you the extra time if u need it, then you can explain you tried your hardest...

also they take the weight loss on their scales - not by how much your scales say, you may be surprised, i was at my last appointment apparently i had lost 8kgs in a month, when my scales said 3lbs ....so go figure ~lol~

diesel

thanks for that advice mickeylou and for coming to my help sue. im sorry to sound pathetic but im a bit low at the moment. i read on here how everyone lost so much weight on the milk diet yet ive only just lost 11 lbs when all ive had over 3 weeks is a small xmas dinner and no other food. ive drunk 4 pints of milk and 2 bovril and bout 4 cups of tea a day. ok i havent been drinking water but thought my fluid intake was enough. iam so worried when i get there next week for my appointment next week not having reached my target they have set me, that they are gona say its not enough, go away for more weeks til i have reached the target and i wont get a date to see the surgeon. i will be devastated after trying so hard, i will try and drink more water if you say sugar free squash ok to put in it, do you think cutting down the milk a bit would help? im just so impatient to get a date, dont mind how many months away it is, just want a date. please can you give me anymore advice.

diesel

hi lisa. im just slightly ahead of you as i had triple appoint and now struggling on milk diet. have really stuck to it but not gona reach my target weight by 13th jan and dont know what to do as no i wont get date if i havent reached it. feeling bit low at the mo so take no notice of me.:cry:

Scarlet

hun it really is ok to feel low, dont ever think you shouldn't, when you are on such a restrictive diet it is going to effect you emotionally I know it did me..and I am sure it does everyone else too. I had bad days too, where i ended up sobbing into my pillow and yelling my angst at the world... but that's why this place is here, as its safe too feel like that here cos everyone understands :)

I know it feels so hard at the moment and it feels like your goal is unobtainable....but it isnt....and i rember the nurse saying to me at the time if i couldn't meet it i would be given a few more weeks up to 12 i believe and not to stress.(i went in to the appointment as the biggest neurotic mess u have ever seen)

If you feel well enough try adding a bit of exercise i found a long walk with the puppy upped my weight loss and made me feel better in myself.

~many hugs~

If i can help let me know....

diesel

thanks mickeylou, that means alot hun and i appreciate the support. i have been trying more exercise like walking me staffi dog but havent felt to well over last few days so havent been out much but i do appreciate what you are saying and i know it makes sense. what do you think bout cutting some milk out and having squash instead? do you think it might help? i will go to appointment but expect to be sent home to try harder for a few weeks longer. im just impatient and want a date!!!

Scarlet

I wouldn't cut out the milk the reason they give you that exact amount is because that's what you need to function, if you cut it out you will be in a calorie deficit too much.

If your really worried call the unit and ask to speak to the dietitian she will advise you if cutting out some milk is a option or not, or give you advice how get the best from what your doing

i understand the impatience - i was the same ~hugs~

diesel

yes you are right bout the milk and yes maybe i will give unit a ring and see what they advise. thank you for your help hun, its made me look at things clearer. hope we talk later and thanks again.

diesel

ok hun will keep up the milk, bovril and water and see how that works. thanks for your help and advice. talk to you again soon.xx

diesel

Hi Scarlet feel better today and started drinking more water.Spoke to the clinic who advised me to weigh my self the day before the appointment and then ring them again.they will then decided whether i can keep the appointment or if i have not achieved the weight loss she will give me an extra week.She did say most people get nine weeks to achieve the required weight loss.

daftmoo

I was one of the lucky ones and did mine in the 4 weeks, with a bit extra as well, keep your chin up you'll get there, just remember to keep up your fluids I was doing the milk and one oxo and two litres of water. Good luck xxx