• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On Track 3 years +++

Andrea73

Hi All

I'm nearly 3 years post op and my appetite has greatly increased mainly due to a med that I'm on but I'm also finding it really hard to stay on track.

How do you stay on track this far out? Are you still as strict and count calories. I'm seriously wondering about going to a slimming club.

I can eat a whole sandwich on tuna (2 slices bread). Can you eat that??

I really quite worried so would appreciate any thoughts, tips or kicks up the bum lol

Hi All

I'm nearly 3 years post op and my appetite has greatly increased mainly due to a med that I'm on but I'm also finding it really hard to stay on track.

How do you stay on track this far out? Are you still as strict and count calories. I'm seriously wondering about going to a slimming club.

I can eat a whole sandwich on tuna (2 slices bread). Can you eat that??

I really quite worried so would appreciate any thoughts, tips or kicks up the bum lol
I think a whole sandwich is fine! try upping protein again and drinking a lot of water. It's really easy to lose track of what you should be doing. Are you putting on weight? x

3.5 years out I can easily eat a whole sandwich but luckily I can't eat 3 of them which I did pre-op. Like you I have lost all my weight and try to stay on track by closely monitoring where it is. I have regained three times up to 21lbs at worst and then got it off. I have an upper limit and if I reach it I start to try and cut back. I don't count calories as a general rule but I know from long periods of doing so what is in what food. I do have bad spells but try to keep my eye on achieving 80gs of protein a day and keeping carbs down but do fail. My diet of choice is to use a liquid diet for a short time to quickly knock off any excess but really I should do it with better food choices. I never used a VLCD before the op but it suits me now for speed and making my pouch and restriction tighter.

I often feel my food is overwhelming me again at this point as I get further out and feel that I am stuffing for England but today I am in London and eating out is required. I went into the restaurant here in the hotel and ordered gourmet fish and chips (I swear its gourmet because just to justify it costing £25). Anyhow it wasn't a massive portion and pre-op I would have been feeling done down with the size of it probably ordering a starter, bread roll, pudding and cheese and still looking for a night time snack. However today I ate about half of it at most and was stuffed. So restriction is there still and working. Its not quantity that ups your weight necessarily its what you eat. For me I don't dump and with my 100 mile an hour job I often eat on the run and when I don't plan it can be chocolate bars or cakes and boy can I get loads of them down. Then the weight goes on fast.

There are so few long termers that post and its hard to get information as to whether you are doing OK or ask advice. Its good to see you about I hope that you continue to be happy with your RNY and that you are maintaining as best you can.

M

This is a great post. I'm pre-op but its fantastic to hear from veterans what life will be like when surgery is well and truly behind me! Thanks and I hope more people add their experiences.

Hi I am just over a year post op. It worries me greatly the thought of putting back on the weight and I still have more to lose, I am 15st 3 now and I was at my heaviest 24 st 11lb. My body always looks less than it weighs, I am a size 18 on the top and 20 on the bottom. I don't think my body will go down much further, I think another stone will be the limit for it. I would be content with 14stone but would still be in the obese range, would the hospital accept that is the right weight for me I do not know. I don't have lods of loose flesh due to exercising for years. Mainly lose skin on my arms which won't change now, n tops of legs but I can live with that. Lovely to hear from long term post oppers. xx

You may be surprised Chrisa. I lost over 10 stone pre-op and was 21st 11 when I had it I think. It slowed down dramatically at 6 months out when I was almost 15 stones then I managed to wrestle another 2.5 stones off. It seemed to stall more than I lost then but a period of intense concentration got another 1.5 stones off to get to my goal of a healthy weight. By and large it stays within a stone or so of that 21lbs and I'm scared to death so try very hard with my choices. Why the heck I can't do it all the time is simple it requires too much effort from me and I'm not good at it. I will never be naturally slim or in control but boy do I try ....from time to time

M

You have done and are doing absolutely brilliant, I have lost just short of 7stone since my op last August n almost 2 stone between the july and the op and a stone in the lead upto the op, but since Christmas I have had several stalls, think my main problem was i ate healthily and cooked healthily and exercised before have done for years, just bigger portions. Ithink sometimes i am maintaining and i haven't even finished losing at least its not going back on YET xx

Back