• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How'd I get to here....Bypass story update

if anything, i probably go to the loo less cos it takes longer to form a good poo cos you eat less!! I find high fat foods make me need the loo more, other than that not much different to before surgery...and its not a silly question at all, thats why this site is a godsend. If it helps you make ur decision, just ask away x x x

if anything, i probably go to the loo less cos it takes longer to form a good poo cos you eat less!! I find high fat foods make me need the loo more, other than that not much different to before surgery...and its not a silly question at all, thats why this site is a godsend. If it helps you make ur decision, just ask away x x x
Do you have to run to the loo like when you take Xenical,thats what i keep thinking x:eek:

No, In fact when they mentioned that you can react to fatty foods (this was 3 days before my op) I told them to call it off if its anything like xenical!!!

Its not, sometimes it may feel a bit urgent but not like the strange orange squirty bum stuff LOL

Do you have to run to the loo like when you take Xenical,thats what i keep thinking x:eek:
Thanks for telling me that cuz it really worried me.I to was only thinking of having a band but the more i read the more i think bypass,friends and family keep saying don't have a bypass it's not natural and at least you can have the band removed if there's a problem,so i'm really confused:sigh:

The bypass has dangers, everyone should make sure they know what they are before they decide. That said, I have met many bypassers and have found very few of them that have experienced complications. Most are very, very happy like me to have had it done.

Every case is different & comes with different risk levels, that is what the professionals are paid to help with. They can advise you what will work best for your individual case, that combined with being diligent about doing your own research will make for a well informed choice.

Best of luck on your journey & try to be a sponge soaking up as much info as possible until you make a choice that feels right to you.

Nic;););)

Oh, almost forgot the original question. My bowel moves normally & the only time I have a problem (which is not as bad as Xenical, I promise) is when I have had lots of fatty foods. This can happen sometimes especially when eating take out since you can't see how much fat goes into the food. I however have yet to have a very urgent bathroom call, I always have warning (gassy rumbles, slight bloat) & no scaring 'will I make it' moments.

Last edited:
I agree with Nic, my decision came down to the fact that after hearing my story, the surgeon recommeded the bypass with no doubt whatsoever. Me and hubby got home and i was still scared of the bypass and kinda wanted to stick with the band. Hubby then said "can you guarantee me that you won't have the band and if it fails, then be wanting the bypass"...I couldn't make that promise so i decided on the bypass and for me it was the best decision ever...but i say again, that is just one opinion but the greatn thing about this forum is you can can gain lots of info by hearing everyones opinion and then forming your own.

Hope this helps x x x

The bypass has dangers, everyone should make sure they know what they are before they decide. That said, I have met many bypassers and have found very few of them that have experienced complications. Most are very, very happy like me to have had it done.

Every case is different & comes with different risk levels, that is what the professionals are paid to help with. They can advise you what will work best for your individual case, that combined with being diligent about doing your own research will make for a well informed choice.

Best of luck on your journey & try to be a sponge soaking up as much info as possible until you make a choice that feels right to you.

Nic;););)

Oh, almost forgot the original question. My bowel moves normally & the only time I have a problem (which is not as bad as Xenical, I promise) is when I have had lots of fatty foods. This can happen sometimes especially when eating take out since you can't see how much fat goes into the food. I however have yet to have a very urgent bathroom call, I always have warning (gassy rumbles, slight bloat) & no scaring 'will I make it' moments.
I agree,and have been reading like mad really enjoyed your story it was most afformative.I thought i was going to the hospital on Tuesday but got the dreaded cancellation letter today and now have to wait til the 5th May :wave_cry:

I agree with Nic, my decision came down to the fact that after hearing my story, the surgeon recommeded the bypass with no doubt whatsoever. Me and hubby got home and i was still scared of the bypass and kinda wanted to stick with the band. Hubby then said "can you guarantee me that you won't have the band and if it fails, then be wanting the bypass"...I couldn't make that promise so i decided on the bypass and for me it was the best decision ever...but i say again, that is just one opinion but the greatn thing about this forum is you can can gain lots of info by hearing everyones opinion and then forming your own.

Hope this helps x x x
Thanks for your help in answering all my question,it's so nice to be able to ask questions without people thinking your stupid for asking it if you know what i mean lol x:thankyou:

Just thought id swing by cos i have been trying to keep up with you Lisa :)

I am thinking bypass but more concerned about the money situation than anything. I have made up my mind about the bypass over anything else.......so just wanted to bob my head in and say HI!! from Penwortham :p

xx

Hiya Taryn, it came down to cold hard cash for me too. Just worked out that at least once i'd paid for bypass...that was it...no fills, no replacements etc.

I'm from fulwood, preston x x x

Hiya Taryn, it came down to cold hard cash for me too. Just worked out that at least once i'd paid for bypass...that was it...no fills, no replacements etc.

I'm from fulwood, preston x x x

Awesome.

My decision is based more on the fact that its a permanent thing and i think any surgery for me is a permanent thing.

Its a life decision and the only reason i havent gone ahead with NHS funding before was because i wanted to sort out the head stuff first, ie why i stuff my face with crap :eek: I dont want to be like this forever. The surgery is for the weight that i desperately want off but i do need to get the emotional eating thing out of the way too.

We should meet up for a coffee one of these days if you fancy it??

Taz xx

Yeah I'm up for that, there's the meet up in may too, are you coming to that?

Hi Taryn

I would definitely give the NHS funding route a shot, if you get accepted you will have loads of time to work on the head stuff while you are on the waiting list, and you can ask for pysche referrals or whatever as part of the process if you need any help working through the head stuff.

Hi Taryn

I would definitely give the NHS funding route a shot, if you get accepted you will have loads of time to work on the head stuff while you are on the waiting list, and you can ask for pysche referrals or whatever as part of the process if you need any help working through the head stuff.

Thanks Sam :)

I actually finish my therapy in 2 months...:( Ive had 12 months on the NHS and thats that. Its twice what you usually get so i really must be mental :p I am being referred for CBT too for the eating thing.

Ill make an appt with my GP and get him to refer me? I think thats how it works and probably YEARS (exaggeration :p ) later i will get a reply.

xx

yes hun, thats how it works. I would go on the bospa site and print of the criteria for your area to show your GP as they are not all clued up on WLS. If you meet the criteria they can't refuse to refer you.

yes hun, thats how it works. I would go on the bospa site and print of the criteria for your area to show your GP as they are not all clued up on WLS. If you meet the criteria they can't refuse to refer you.

I meet the criteria. I printed them off when shel sent them to me ages ago :) Possibly not something to smile about but my BMI is over 44...... :( xx

My BMI is similar Taz. When I first started considering WLS I thought there was no way in the world I would be allowed it as always thought it was for much heavier people. But if the NHS and NICE recognise that it should be an option with BMI +40, then why not.

Sorry for the thread hijack Lisa xx

Yeah c'mon its all about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL x x x

Back