• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ONE FOR THE LADIES

Angiebaby0407

:confused: HI EVERYONE

bit of a weird question but im really confused on what to do , ok so contraception after gastric bypass, sorry for askin this as i know its personal ,
what do sum of you guys use, ive been on the pill for yearrrrrs and i kno were not supposed to take it now cos wont work properly , so now im not sure wat to do , what experiences have u guys used??? please help :D Thanku xxx :( :confused: :sigh:

I havent had the bypass and I dont need contraception but I'm sure Ive read some people have the injection or implant plus there's the coil! x

I had a Mirena coil fitted before the surgery and I was sterilised 18 years ago lol....if I get pregnant I will be suing someone :D Seriously though, the coil is more effective than it has ever been and the implant is a good alternative too. XX

I use the commonly used "err get off "method ..lol

seriously though, I am still unsure what path I will be taking on the contraceptive front..so I will watch this thread with interest. xxx

Lisa....you are a girl after my own heart ;) Ive used your method for so long I think hubbys forgot what he wanted in the first place ;) XX

I spoke to my gp about this on Monday

Choices are

Mirena coil
Implant
Or injection

The Injection can cause weight gain..
The mirena when I had it before was amazing.

I'm going for the mirena coil - fed up of condoms - lol- and them breaking.

And the implant I never have had it...

they go on a head yes sweets but not the one your prob thinking off :D

i never got on with the hormones in pills...or the implant (it only lasted 4 months before i had it removed last year lol)
i settled for the hormone-less coil

bit uncomfy getting it put in but at least afterwards i haven't had to worry about it....nor do i have to remember to take a pill, i'm bad enough remembering to take my multivits daily let alone a pill at the same time each day :D

I've had problems pre op with the implant and injections because of the hormones in them. Have had the mirena coil for just over the year now and its great haven't had a period since op and although it contains hormones they only work on your womb and do not enter your blood stream so no problems there

I put most of my weight on having the injection , I was on it for five years and put six stone on in that time , when I came off it my appetite subsided , I hadnt linked the two lol , so I would say no to that , we just use condoms I would like hubby to have the snip but he's a wimp xx

I find if you cross your legs rather than your fingers it is the best form of contraception known to medical science....

Seriously though we have had one member get pregnant very soon after her bypass so you need to address this sooner rather than later xxx

I used condoms for a year, then got pregnant (on purpose lol) and will be looking into the coil once baby is here. I will never ever ever have the injection ever again as Im sure thats why and how I developed PCOS. 3 of my close friends developed it too after having the injection and for me thats the only thing we have in common.
Personal choice though x

I have the Marina coil it has been fantastic for me! It's due out later this year and we are just going to leave it to nature then!!

ahhh thanks guys, lol sum of u make me laugh lol :D
so looks like coil :s which im still not too sure on or the implant :s lol i dunno guess ill see what doc says when i get my stitches out wednesday

Back