• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One hell of a decision !

Lozberry

I started my journey at Sunderland royal 18 month ago and was due to go in for my bypass yesterday to have today....,, on Wednesday I phoned and cancelled/postponed ! This was something I'd dreamed of ! However don't no if it was nerves or the fact that in the last 6 month I have given up smoking whilst also losing 4.5 stone myself. Somehow dreaming of this day turned into a nightmare for me, I haven't slept or even left the house this made me realise I may be doing something that I might regret. I'd never felt like this before and realised I could try my dam hardest to lose the remainder of my weight to reach my goal another 4 stone, i will see mr small again in another 6 month time to see how I am getting on. I've come this far I'm going to give it a good shot. I want to wish everyone luck in their journeys, reading people's stories have been wonderful and I am very thankful for everyone's advice. I do feel sad but also a little proud cos I'm gonna give this a good dam go back on that exercise bike for me, and get that 5 stone award at slimming world bring it on !! Good luck everyone ! Love Lauren xxxxx

I started my journey at Sunderland royal 18 month ago and was due to go in for my bypass yesterday to have today....,, on Wednesday I phoned and cancelled/postponed ! This was something I'd dreamed of ! However don't no if it was nerves or the fact that in the last 6 month I have given up smoking whilst also losing 4.5 stone myself. Somehow dreaming of this day turned into a nightmare for me, I haven't slept or even left the house this made me realise I may be doing something that I might regret. I'd never felt like this before and realised I could try my dam hardest to lose the remainder of my weight to reach my goal another 4 stone, i will see mr small again in another 6 month time to see how I am getting on. I've come this far I'm going to give it a good shot. I want to wish everyone luck in their journeys, reading people's stories have been wonderful and I am very thankful for everyone's advice. I do feel sad but also a little proud cos I'm gonna give this a good dam go back on that exercise bike for me, and get that 5 stone award at slimming world bring it on !! Good luck everyone ! Love Lauren xxxxx

WOW Loz omg was wondering how you'd gotten on today but omg im speechless lol your post really hit a chord because I've been toying with myself putting up a post over the last couple of days...... wondering if i could possibly do it myself :eek: i too gave up smoking, i gained 1.5 stone and have re lost it now. It certainly made me think 'can i do this alone' trouble is im 46 overweight all my life mobility not so brill and this chance i've been given won't come round again. So for me i will grab that chance with both hands, it may be scarey but i've got to do it before its too late.
But for you i am pleased, that was so very brave of you.
I really don't know what words to say.............. apart from i wish you all the very best for the future and your 5 stone award, please please do keep in touch and let us know how your doing x x x x x bless you honey

O wow, well done you. Hope it all works out well. X

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Good luck Lauren and well done on a great loss xxx let us know how you get on with everything :)

Thanks so much that really ment a lot I've had tears tantrums and nearly lost the plot this week but I know in my heart I've made the right decision for myself ! You go for it and you will reach that goal you have dreamt of! I'm just gonna take the longer route for now lol xxxx

We'll done and good luck. I'm sure you will make your goal! It's such a huge decision to make and with a bypass being irreversible if your not 100% about it then you've done the right thing by postponing/cancelling. I wish you all the best for the future. Xxxx

WOW Loz omg was wondering how you'd gotten on today but omg im speechless lol your post really hit a chord because I've been toying with myself putting up a post over the last couple of days...... wondering if i could possibly do it myself :eek: i too gave up smoking, i gained 1.5 stone and have re lost it now. It certainly made me think 'can i do this alone' trouble is im 46 overweight all my life mobility not so brill and this chance i've been given won't come round again. So for me i will grab that chance with both hands, it may be scarey but i've got to do it before its too late. But for you i am pleased, that was so very brave of you. I really don't know what words to say.............. apart from i wish you all the very best for the future and your 5 stone award, please please do keep in touch and let us know how your doing x x x x x bless you honey
this will be amazing for you and I want to hear all about it ! Onwards and downwards ! Sending loads of luck and happiness for your future xxxx

Good luck Lauren,
Brave, wise choice for you currently....as you said 6months to give it your best shot or get back on list.
Well done xx

its a tough one to make but you have to do what`s right for you!
very very good luck in whatever you do x

Hi Loz, I am at sunderland too and just waiting for a date now. It is a really brave decision to make in the first place and an even bigger one to postpone that chance. Having said that I applaud you and you have done so well by yourself that I am sure you will achieve your next five without a hitch.

For me, I know I cant stick to it and have health issues which prevent me from losing, apparently my body will always fight against me to put the weight back on! bummer as somedays i feel the same and think its such a big op to go through.

I need this extra push in the right direction and hopefully i'll fly. As for you, you have achieved so much already........ I wish you luck and if you still want to come to the support group at Sunderland, it may ease any fears you may have if you ever change your mind.

Good luck xx

That's an amazing decision to make and I take inspiration from it. I am really hoping to be able to do the same thing but have no idea if I'll have the willpower to maintain the changes and weight loss.
Well done and good luck with the rest of your journey x

It sounds like you have made an amazing discovery and found your answer!! a very heart warming message to read ! well done and I look forward to reading updates

Thank you everyone and I look forward to hearing your updates and will come bk to let you know how I'm getting on xxx

Back