• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

scared as hell llol

Thank you all for your kind comments i have found this site so helpful some of your diaries are so useful and brilliant to read a couple of things i want to know is how long is a gastric bypass operation and how long can i expect to be off work ive decided im going to start my diary but it wont be until the weekend and will give me a bit of time to think how im going to start it many thanks again
Brad x

Brad i had 6 weeks off work, i thought i would go back at 4 weeks but suddenly had a wave of exhaustion hit me so my gp gave me another two weeks.... It really does depend on how you heal and of course whether your lucky enough like me to get full sick pay lol....

Best advice is listen to your body and let that be the judge xxx

Hi Brad and a very big welcome !
I had 5 weeks off after my bypass and then did a phased return for another three. Like Julie says, you need to listen to your body, if it's tired, don't fight it ! All the best for your op !

Hi, welcome to the forum. lots of wise words already, I was just under 28 stone and for the past 20 years have not known when to stop eating, I had my by-pass on 1st December and since then I have not felt hungry at all, I can pretty much eat anything as long as it's chewed well and a small portion ! For the first time in my life I am "choosing" to eat a small amount as it only takes a bit to fill me up and I am enjoying savouring my meals now, even though they are on a tea plate and half the size of my 9 year old daughters ! Lol. You will not have a problem as your body will tell you when to stop. I had 8 weeks off work after my op, I could have returned after 6 but I was a bit late moving to solids so had a couple of weeks to get used to it, don't worry about your op, these guys know what they are doing ! Good luck :0)

hey guys thanks for the advice yes i do get sick pay but for only 6 weeks so im hoping i will be back to work buy then only problem is i work in a factory and my job can involve a bit of lifting not all the time but some im keeping my fingers crossed how have your companys been with you since the op are they understanding have u had 2 have the odd day off here and there after your op
Brad x

Back