• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Pound!!!

Alia

Today was my weekly weigh in and it did n't go well. I've only lost a pound this week and its hit me hard. When I think of other diets I've done in the past, I've always lost at least 3 pounds a week... here I am having put myself through the trauma of surgery and I've only managed a pound.

I'm sure most of you will think I'm being
meladramatic but it was a hard decision for me to go ahead with the surgery and I'm just feeling really disappointed.

I will however struggle on, I'm going to try to eat a bit more incase I'm not having enough. When I saw my surgeon on monday I told him I was only managing around 200 to 400 calories a day and he said at this stage, 5 weeks post surgery that that was ample and I was on the right track... so how come its just a pound.

Does n't help that hubby has gone away tonight to see his family in London (we don't celebrate xmas) so I'm here with the kids feeling really down in the dumps.

Sorry to put a downer on things when your all celebrating xmas.. just me sounding off

Alia

Cant really offer any advice Alia but didnt want to read and run. The only thing I would say is that you cannot compare surgery to any type of diet. Going by other peoples losses that have also had the bypass many of them have weeks where they dont seem to lose much or sometimes even stay the same.

Just keep looking at the big picture. This time next year you will be several stones lighter and able to run around with that little boy of yours. A small loss this week isnt going to stop that xx

Merry Christmas

Sounds about the right time for a stall to me!! Don't worry about it - it will kick in again soon :flowers: Be warned, especially in the early days, plateaus are common place. But it will be such a relief when you start losing again.

Don't get dispondent, your body is just catching up on things & storing whatever may be going in 'just in case' (starvation mode!)

Hang in there & chin up!

Sound off all you like, I don't 'do' Xmas either! :hug99:

Alia, i've had weeks where i've lost nothing at all, for example, when i got weighed at the hospital i found i'd not lost anything for 2 weeks. However, even though i was very disappointed, it has happened before, and within a few days i lost 9lbs, so know this time will be the same, it will go slowly, then all of a sudden i'll lose heaps. I'm sure it will be the same with you. But i do know how disappointing and disheartening it is, it really makes you wonder whether you've done the right thing or not.

Hang in there hun, and we'll try and catch up soon.

xx

Alia - A pound of is better than a pound on !
Everyone loses differently, a 2-3lb lose per week is supposed to be the average ! without being presonal or prying, is there maybe a reason you've not lost this week ?
Could it be your time of month, women retain fat and water during menstral cycle ?
200 -400 calories a day will not force your body into starvation mode ! it takes a long time of not eating anything to force you into starvation mode !

I'd hang in there enjoy your Christmas and see what the scales say next week !

Hey Chick just wanted to say You have done brilliant, so don't be disheartened, You will start losing again so chin up girl, I don't want to see anyone down in the dumps at christmas, Big Hugs to You XXXX

aliai also stalled at week 4 but lost 6lbs the week after so dont loose heart. yr body is still recovering so hang on in there. Are you concentrating on eating yr protiens as they are important for tissue repair.
hc

Alia,

I feel for you. I have plateaux too. its really hard to stay on track with my food when im not loosing anything.

The loss will return soon. Look at the bigger picture, in a year you will be so much lighter and much happier. Keep your chin up. Take care R x

I stalled too around this time and got stuck for a few weeks but its coming off again now...its the first Christmas I have actually lost weight!!

Imagine what we will all look like this time next year, thats what I am keeping in mind...

But have a virtual hug from me too....:)

thanks every one for taking the time to reply. I'm feeling a bit more positive this morning and I'm gonna take all the kids to the park, get out and have some fresh air, clear out the cobwebs etc

Merry Christmas to you all

Alia xxx

Back