• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Year Ago Today......

Mark01/05/2009

On my way................
One year ago today I had my huuuuuge stomach that could handle 20+ pints of beer, huge kebabs, whole family sized pizzas, enough curry to feed most of India and enough chicken and noodles to.... well you get the picture.... reduced to the size of an egg.....

I was 21 years old, 26 stone 2 lbs (366 lbs), I had a BMI of 47, a 48" waist and wore XXXL tops....

I couldnt walk up stairs, i was always moody, smelly, lazy, couldnt fit in a plane seat, i would constantly complain about aches and pains which were all weight related.......

One year on....

I am 22 years old, 14 stone 3 lbs (199lbs) I have a BMI of 25, a 34" waist and wear Large tops or XL if its a posh designer....

I now go to the gym at least 3 times a week, im training for a half marathon, i always have loooooads of energy, i always smell lovely ;-) and my whole personality has changed, for the good....

Now the journey over the last year.....

I dont think I will ever have to go through another journey as tough in all of my life. Anyone that says WLS is the easy way out does not have a clue what they are talking about....

WLS doesnt just stop you eating huge portions, it changes your whole mind set about food. I now enjoy food for what it is, i enjoy tastes, textures, smells etc whereas pre op i would only enjoy it if i was soooo full and had eaten a huge portion....

Throughout my journey I have met some wonderful people and make some great friends, you all know who you are and I am so grateful for all your help, kind words, words of encouragement, all the times you kicked my tush when I needed it and always being honest with me and not just telling me wot I want to hear......

To all of you that are pre op - You are about to embark on the most wonderful journey. Its tough at times, emotional at times and you will have your down times, but it is all worth it and more..... Being a healthy weight has so many advantages and you can really live your life however you want to, nothing or nobody can hold you back!!!!

If i had to do it all again, I would, the end product is worth it, today I went to Selfridges and treated myself to some Diesel jeans, I have always wanted some and am so proud to own them! I have also had a tattoo today to mark my Surgiversary.

Thanks again to everyone on here, you are all a fantastic source of advice and encouragement to so many people, we all need to keep it up

Im not always able to post on here however im always available to chat to anyone via facebook or via email so if anyone wants to chat, just give me a shout.....

Thanks again...

Mark xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What a lovely thread. You've done soooo well & I can't wait to have my surgery. Take care ..
:0clapper::winner::0clapper:

Fantastic acheivment well done.:D:D

:)Happy surgiversary Mark-you are indeed a WLS legend:)xxxJuliexxx

What a wonderful post Mark...it's fantastic to hear how much your life has changed. Congratulations and enjoy your wonderful new self x

Congratulations for so many things - losing the weight and getting a chance at living being the most important. Good luck with your continuing journey xx

Well done Mark, it's amazing how much can change in a year isn't it :D:D
Happy surgiversary x:D

Happy Surgiversary Mark... So pleased you got everything you wanted from your surgery....Enjoy the rest of your LONG life :D x

Mark that is fab. You are a true inspiration to us all that is going through the wls journey.

mark without this shared experiance our paths would never of crossed and for that alone i am so greatful.
you and amy are 2 of the most sincer people i have ever come across. well done and happy surgiversery!!!

Mark...you're a star!
Very inspirational.
Hope I can be as successful as you xxx

Fabulous post Mark. Very inspirational. Enjoy your surgiversary. If anyone deserves it you do!

Happy surgiversary Mark, what an acheivement in a year, you are a couple of years younger than my oldest and as a mum and granny i'm so pleased that a young man like yourself has changed his life in plenty of time to make so much of it! Good luck to you Mark and well done on such a successful jouirney so far xx

WOW what an insperation you are Mark, an absolute turn around in your life well done, im now looking forward to becoming a bypasser too, congratulations and well done x

Congrats and very well done!!! I'm sure you have worked very hard to make your story a successful one...

It is inspiring to read stories like yours, and to hear that you have made the most of the chance we've been given (by having WLS); and most importantly, that you're HAPPY!!!

Well done Mark, you have been truly inspirational. So pleased you have a long and healthy life in front of you.

Back