• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year on!

JoeH

So pleased I went for the bypass. In a year I've lost 10" from my waist, type 2 diabetes is non existant, have bounds of energy and living my life the way I've always wanted to - without fear or hinder of what others may 'think'.

The pro's far outweigh the cons, it's a drastic step to take, but worth it in the long run. Your dinners aren't that big a year on, but you can a little of what you fancy. There's no 'ban', although your body will let you know if you're eating the wrong foods again...

Anyone thinking of the dreaded WLS - go for it. I waisted years dithering, but took the plunge. Now I'm as happy as a person as I think I've ever been in my life.

Hi joe, Happy surgiveversary & a lovely positive post too :). Well done on your losses, you have done brilliantly and, quite rightly, sound so proud of your achievement. Congrats on no longer being diabetic as well. Fantastic!!

Thanks femfrankie. Yes, I am proud and more so of all those little 'victories' only we know about which we achieve after weight loss...;)

I'd be happy with perhaps another 2 stone off, then I'd consider myself about right. I'll always be chunky, but to be able to buy clothes off the peg etc, silly stuff, but what a great feeling.

Happy Surgiversary x

Well I think its flown Joe and you look amazing you have come so far since we 1st met you xxx

Hi Chrissa xx

Yes, time has flown by. 1 year on and weight loss has slowed down, but remained steady. Wife is all over me these days - no not for that... fact is, she's not used to feeling ribs, ligaments, hips etc... LOL! Come to think of it, neither am I.

The Hairy Dieters cook book is a decent guide during post op times. Off to have a chicken & bacon noodle soup. *gurgle....burp*

Hey Joe :) just looked at your pics you look great :) xx take care

That is wonderful! SO happy about your diabetes. Mine is still gone too 2 years on. Don't miss it! Bet your loving the slimmer body :)

Back