• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year today I had my bypass

It is a year today since my by pass and I cannot believe what a year it has been. I have been one of the lucky ones and I experienced no problems whatsoever. I am now a thousand times healthier, happier and fitter. The feeling of being out of control,hopeless and a complete failure is gone. My diabetes has gone and I can walk much further. I can even run up stairs now slowly, more like a trot really :)

I now have the energy levels to keep going all day.

I also go to the gym a couple of times a week and whilst my weight loss has slowed down I have lost over 12 stone. The head/emotionally stuff has surfaced again but I am working through it as I have a ambition to lose another eight stone approximately and I will get there!

All in all life is very good. I am celebrating today by living. I am going to work today and meeting some friends this evening and I am off to Amsterdam on Saturday for the weekend.

It is now 7.35am and this time last year I was in the hospital being prepared for my surgery and thankfully I have lived to tell the tale and go on living a much fuller life than I did pre op.

Thank you all for your support so far.

Michelle

Hi Michelle - You have done so well with your weight loss so far; and I wish you every success with your further weight loss to rid yourself of the last 8 stone.
Keep in touch with us as success stories like yours spurs the rest of us along!

Have a lovely weekend in Amsterdam and we look forward to you coming back in 2012 with even more losses!

Good Luck for the future hun x

Love Kat x

Morning Michelle, I would just like to say congratulations and so very well done..
Michelle you will lose the other 8 stone you have proved you can already do this by losing a massive 12 stone...!
Well done you are an inspiration to me and many others here at this lovely site...
Have a lovely day and weekend in Amsterdam..
Hugs xxx

How fabulous, you've already done so well, I bet you feel and look like a different person.

Have a lovely weekend, make sure you come back and tell us all about it.

xxx

Awww Michelle, it's gone so quickly and you have done fantastically! What an amazing weightloss so far and I'm so thrilled to hear you are getting so much out of life...

I'm really following your story and hoping beyond hope that you can get those other stones moving and would love to follow your progress... you are a true inspiration.

Wishing you the very best of everything and so wonderful to see you 'emerging' and continue to flourish alongside us and keep posting...

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Happy surgiversary! What a difference a year can make, you have achieved so much and by the sounds of it, this has made a huge positive impact on your life so far. Well done on your fantastic progress to date! xxx

Well done for all you have achieved so far! You are an inspiration and a wonderful friend xx

Awesome loss, you'll do it. Have a great time in Amsterdam, you've earned it!

You have done such an amazing job! Well done honey!

:)Congratulations Michelle:)
Great losses & attitude-promise you'll keep us updated on your progressx

Thanks guys for all your well wishes.

Happy surgerversay and what a lovely inspiring post.

Well done you xxxxxxx

Back