• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im so depressed

sparky42

hi girls i dont know whats happening to me every few days im just crying and feeling sorry for myself when im tearful i think what have i done, why have i done this to my body (overeat and surgery) im coming into 4th week post op i think in many ways i expected it to be easier or weight would magically disappear please tell me it gets easier. Julie

HELLO THERE

SORRY TO HEAR YOUR EMOTIONS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE, DID U NOT SEE psychiatrist/DIETICIAN ETC PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TO MAKE U MENTALLY READY FOR WHAT COMES AFTER THE OPERATION (SOZ NOT SAYING UR MENTAL,LOL) ITS JUST THAT MOST PPL DO SEE ONE , SO AFTER THE OPERATION YOU KNOW EXACTLY WOT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO DEAL WITH IT .

ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE XX

Hiya love,

Sorry to hear you are feeling low and tearful. I went through this and so have many others!! I did my weeping and regret in the first week after mine. I'm no psychologist, but I think what happens is, you mourn your old life and your old eating habits, which I suspect for a long time have been an emotional crutch. I certainly did. I also ate at times of happiness and joy and everything in between :(

Whilst you know, you've done the right thing, there isnt any pay off right away, so because thats frustrating and annoying, you cant resort to the food.

It really, really does get better although there are lots of ups and downs. I'm only 5 months post op and still feel sad that theres certain things that I cant do, but then I remember that I've lost nearly 6 st and feel and look so much better, and all of a sudden realise and remember that plate of fatty, sugary stuff was what got me to a very unhealthy, unhappy 24 stones.

Be strong and patient and it will get better love x :)

Julie, wls is a tough road emotionally and you are not alone. We have all at some point thought, oh no what have I done to myself? It is normal and you should not feel bad about that. The early weeks are hardest because you are weak, tired, uncomfortable and not back to 'normal' eating. You also don't have a massive weight loss yet to make you feel better about the risk you took having surgery. You will get there hun, I promise you.

Just hold onto the fact that there will be a BIG payoff, you will get a longer, healthier, and happier life out of all of this. You have us all here to vent to when it is getting you down so please do that, we all know how you feel. Been there, done that, bought the much smaller t-shirt!:D:D:D:D:D

(((((Big Hugs))))))

Nic;)
also, feel free to pm me if you wanna chat hun.

hi girls i dont know whats happening to me every few days im just crying and feeling sorry for myself when im tearful i think what have i done, why have i done this to my body (overeat and surgery) im coming into 4th week post op i think in many ways i expected it to be easier or weight would magically disappear please tell me it gets easier. Julie

hi julie, it sounds like you have went into this with out researching it fully and your providor doesnt seem to of prepared you properly with information on how to cope, the tears is mourning your old lifestyle and ajusting to the new one. having a band isnt easy and isnt a magic cure as you now know its bloody hard work, you now have this tool to help you achieve what you set out to do, now its up to you to use your band and work hard with it to get the desired results. i think maybe asking your providor for a few sessions with the psycologist to help you ajust could be very beneficial to you.

liz x

Hi Julie - what the others have said is all good advice and in a few weeks you will see some results for your sacrifice. Remember you are on the losers bench where all the hip people hang out!!!!! lol sending hugs with fairy dust to cheer you

thanks girls all your replies have been very helpful, the funny thing is liz i did research the surgery but i didnt find this site until i was post surgery it would have been great to have had you all pre op i find reading the info whilst great is not enough and sometimes i need to speak to people who have had same thing if that makes sense, shellbell told me about wls meetings in belfast so im going to go in june i never told a soul i was having the surgery i think you said in a previous thread liz about people looking at you judging your weight loss i think that was one of the reasons i never told anyone also i didnt want people watching every mouthful i ate!

Hi Sparky,
It is so true what everyone has said, I felt like this for at least the first 8 weeks, It really does take time but you too will soon feel a lot better in yourself, Hang in there, Sending Big HUGS for you x

Hi, everyone has give some great advice, ur all brilliant, I also wish I had found this site b4 I had my op. At least I am here now, you can do this, just take each day as it comes, the best things in life are worth waiting for. Today may be hard, but tomorrow will be easier, you have done the hardest part already, by having your op,Keep your chin up and keep smileing Mandy x

Hi Julie - how are you feeling today? hope the grey clouds have gone and your feeling a bit brighter.

Remember don't bottle up your emotions if they won't to come out in what ever way or fashion let them it will do you good Sending hugs with fairy dust to brighten your day (i think the weather could do with some brightening up!!!!) lol take care

hi topsy yes i am feeling much better thanks, i have been reading a good book about gastric banding recommended on a previous thread i also think i need to up my excercise so i am going to go walking next week with a friend and then hopefully join a gym next few weeks thats the plan lol will keep you posted. Julie x

Back