• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op date and doubts

Hi beegee, I think we might not only have the same date but also the same hospital!! Good luck tomorrow. I've decided on the ww soups and yogurt pre op as we'll.

Good luck Ladies! As others have said, a wobble is normal - it is a major life changing event, as well as major surgery, but although I'm only 10 weeks post bypass am already thrilled with the results.

I understand exactly what you are going through, i too have waited years to get to this stage, putting it off then regretting it. All sorts of throughts have gone through my mind, the what if's and but if's...this has really not done me any good. But now it seems so close, i must admit now i have started my pre-op diet it has been a little overwhelming, i have just butterflies of excitment. I cant wait for the life afterwards...silly little things keep popping in my head like being able to walk in to Asda and pick up a nice outfit for £30.00 instead of £30.00 not even covering one item of clothing at the moment!
You can do this, just keep focused and turn to us all here for support, we are all or have been in the same shoes. :)

Hi beegee, I think we might not only have the same date but also the same hospital!! Good luck tomorrow. I've decided on the ww soups and yogurt pre op as we'll.

Are you at St Anthonys in Cheam too? That's where I am and where the celebrity Psychic Sally Morgan went. :D

Hi again ladies back to feeling positive today my happy thought today is * painting my own toe nails * which iv not been able to do for yrs haha the simple things others take for granted will make us so happy! ;0)) x

Yes I am at St.Anthonys as well. How's day 1 going? I'm not doing too bad at the moment but it's only the first day.

I'm most looking forward to buying a 'regular' pair of knee high boots. Not having to worry about how fat my calves are and if ill embarrass myself too much to try them on in the shop!

Every little goal is a step in the right direction :) x

Ahh yes rainbow, not to have 'the look' from the person in the seat next to you as you wedge yourself into it will be a nice change :)

I'm also looking forward to enjoying shopping for clothes again, although I'm sure my credit card isn't! Lol
X

Are you at St Anthonys in Cheam too? That's where I am and where the celebrity Psychic Sally Morgan went. :D
Yes I am also at St.Anthonys. How has day one gone? I am feeling ok at the moment but it's early days.
I am having problems replying!!! I have replied to posts but they've not appeared. Most probably end up somewhere random.

Yes I am at St.Anthonys as well. How's day 1 going? I'm not doing too bad at the moment but it's only the first day.

wow small world isn't it...
I actually started the pre-op diet early as I want to make absolutely sure that firstly I get the op and secondly keyhole as I have problems with healing and scarring. I am doing fine.. I just don't like the taste of the saccharin in my mouth .. it seems to build up during the day as everything is artificially sweetened.. yuck!

I have decided to experiment a little bit and have put one of my yogurts in the freezer and I am going to try and blitz it with my milk allowance to make a milkshake (how else am I going to get the boys to my yard.. lol!).. :p

Oooooow yes shopping in normal shops and not Evans!!! Haha x

I will be so glad not to be forced to buy their frumpy black cr*p .. you can get some nice cloths on-line but Evans is the only place near me you can walk in and try the stuff on... I think they will miss my business..Evans are going to be the next shop going under!

I have just had a band fitted I know not the bypass..but I wanted to reassure you right up until they put me on OP table I was thinking..
Are you mad woman..Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...
but I know it is the only option I have left to save myself
I am a mature woman also but I thought come on girl what have you got to loose
So you will have wobbles but I know you are doing the right thing

Keep your chin up and best foot forward to your new life
Good Luck on the 19th..not too long now xxxxx

I will be so glad not to be forced to buy their frumpy black cr*p .. you can get some nice cloths on-line but Evans is the only place near me you can walk in and try the stuff on... I think they will miss my business..Evans are going to be the next shop going under!

Haha the staff in Evans know me by name I'm sure they will prob thro a leaving party for me :553: x

Back