• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op date recieved! Sunderland patient

Ormsweird

Hi all,

After a long and somewhat bumpy ride (and lots of telling off for not quite making weight! :) ) I have my op date on the 9th of August.

Just under three weeks away!

Wondering about pre-op diet, as does everyone else from the looks of things. I'm a type II diabetic, so I'm assuming it'll be the low carb one?

Excited. Nervous. Aie! It's gonna be a long three weeks!

Hrm, been reading a few threads. I have my pre-op assessment literally 3 days before I have my appointment for surgery.

Is this normal? Most seem to be a couple of weeks out and get given their diet then.

I had my pre op one week before surgery but got my pre-op diet 2 weeks before x

I'm from Sunderland and my pre-op was the day before. Be very carefull and make sure you have no weight gain because a girl who had her pre-op before me had gained 5llb her op was cancelled for 3 months and they told her if she gained any more weight in the 3 months she would have to start the whole list again (don't want to scare you, just thought I would warn you)

lindy62

I've been on a strict diet for the last month and will be so up until pre-op diet starts, so I know I'm below the weight I need to be. I have my birthday next Friday and that's my one exception! And even then there won't be pudding!

Thanks for all the replies! I found a couple of pre-op leaflets online and have printed them off and stuck them to the fridge so I can mentally prepare for what's to come.

Back