• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op on Monday!

roxyroo

Got my op on Monday and starting get a little nervous.....

I was due to have my op a month ago but was very poorly so I had to cancel :(. So this is my second time on the milk diet - which isn't as bad is you first think!

Just wondered how mobile people were after the op and how much pain you were in? The op is Monday and my hubby can only get 2 days off work (mon & tues) so that means ill be on my own with my little boy, 2yrs, only 2 days after. And I have to go back to work on thurs to cover a shift.

How did everyone cope post op with daily chores etc?x

I'm a sleeves so can't help you, just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world :) x

from me phone :D

Hi best of luck. I went in thurs, came home Sunday. Hubby was off Monday. But my mam came daily to clean, cook for kids and hubby for a week. If i am honest I slept a lot mon and tues. I didn't drive for 2 weeks. But by Wednesday felt loads better. I couldn't have gone to work although I was mobile, just very tired. Sorry as I know you want to hear more positive review. But I feel fab now as I did get rest. Don't push yourself too fast and see if friends and family can help. Also cook your meals for post op amd freeze them. This helps! x

Thanks guys

I have been looking on here to see what other people have said and I think I'm aiming a bit too high with expecting to go back to work only a few days after! I guess Ill just have to wait and see what happens.

What did you find was the best form of pain relief? I find co-codamol upsets my stomach a bit so would like to stay away from that if possible. And what was best for the wind pains?
I want to try and be as prepared as I can xx

I would say you definitely are expecting too much, the majority of providers will suggest that you do not return to work for 7 days, but if you have an active job which involves moving and lifting that it should be closer to 2 weeks that you should have off.

Moving around wise, I was back to normal quite quickly, surgery on thursday, sunday I was driving (had a long journey to take son to an away football game in wales) although from the day I came home on the friday I was back to having to do the housework, cooking, dog walking etc. I actually would have been ok to have gone back to work after about 6 or so days, but I had time off due to school holidays - personally, I think you're pushing it!

Good luck Roxyroo! I am 2 weeks post band tomorrow, and have to agree that going back to work on Thursday is probably ambitious. The pains will have started to ease by then, but now is the time to take it easy for at least a week. Don't let your employers pressurise you into going back too early- mine rang me the day after the op to see if I could go in that afternoon- I took great pleasure in politely saying no! lol
I stayed in for 2 days, and I'm glad I did. Although the op is quite routine these days, you still have to give yourself time to recover. HTH xx

Mr super did my op and THG recommended a week off work... Mr super said everyone was different and some people need more some less. Having said that, I had my op on the Saturday and was back at wok on the wednesday ... And was fine as I have an office/training role, rather than anything which involves heavy manual work. I didn't feel 100% better/recovered till two weeks after the op though. Take care x

Well doesn't look like this is going to be a problem for me anymore as I wont be having the op today!!!

I hadn't heard from the Hospital on Saturday about my time to get there for so decided to call them. After the lady on the other end of the phone took my details about 5 times she still couldn't find me, then she said I had my op on the 27th Feb (this was my 1st appointment, I had to cancel as very poorly) I assured her I hadn't had the op yet. So after calling my provider it looks like my op was cancelled and rebooked but never made it all the way to the other end!!!!!!!!!!

I don't quite know how I feel or what to do next! My provider said they would give me a refund if I wanted but I just don't know :(

I'm so sorry that there has been a mix up. Mr Super also did my surgery (I went with Healthier Weight) but this must be hugely disappointing for you.

I think our first reaction is to say "stuff it" but we are cutting off our noses to spite our face. Take the time, to think about what you want to do, but don't let these mishaps put you off . . . it can work out ok :)

Oh blimey :( Sorry to hear that. Did you have the new date (today) in writing? Have you been on a pre-op diet too? Have they indicated when the next available date is? Maybe you could negotiate some sort of discount for the inconvenience? x x

They didn't send me any confirmation about the change of date but I dint think I would need it!

I don't mind waiting for it, its just the inconvenience of it all, I'd arranged accommodation for my other half, my mum to have time off work to have my little boy for 2 days and time off work for me and my OH. They did offer me one the next day with another surgeon but I wanted Dr Super. Not to mention my 2nd time on the milk diet!! Its just been a nightmare!x

Back