• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op postponed :(

Crackers169

I haven't been on here much in the last two days as my Dad has been taken ill. My Mum and I had to go to the hospital today and have been told he is very ill and it is only a matter of time.

I was booked to have my sleeve on Friday, but I need to be strong for my Mum, and realistically also need her help with my boys (aged 3 and 6) once I have my op. So, I called my provider today and have postponed my op, so that I can concentrate on my family for the moment.

I am hoping that I can reschedule op for 5th Jan, as that is the next time my husband can be off to look after boys, and it means I can re start the pre op diet on 26th December!!

Feeling a bit fed up tonight. :cry:

Oh dear, no wonder you don't feel great. I am so sorry to hear your dad is so poorly. I for one think you have made the right decision about your op. It's an emotional enough time anyway with out all this extra upset.
And when you do have it done you'll hopefully be able to cope better.
Sending you a big squashy hug. xx

oh crackers im so sorry :( you'll be in my prayers tonight xxx

Hi, I'm so sorry your going through this awful situation. I agree with mariew and believe you made the right choice, you will have enough to cope with without being mentally and physically drained post surgery
Thinking of you and sending big hugs x

Making hard choices sucks but life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes.
Look on the plus side you get Christmas and a wonderful start to 2012 ((((hugs)))).

God bless you my love ... there is nothing harder than what you are going through at the minute. My thoughts are with you & your family, especially your Dad. There is nothing more important than family to me, so I completely agree with your decision ... your time will come sweetheart, but you don't want to be left with any regrets over your Dad. Sending you all my love & hugs & you will be in my thoughts xxx :wave_cry:

Oh hun, sending you big hugs and we are all here for you xxxx

A very selfless and heart felt decision. Thoughts are with you throughout and a special spot reserved on the bench xxx Hugs xxx

Really sorry to hear your news. I wish you and your family the very best. Big hugs x x

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know what you and your family are going through. My dad became very ill in May and passed away in July. It was a very traumatic time and I had to delay my operation as well. My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time. X

I'm so sorry to hear your news :cry:

Take care

Andy x

I can imagine how gutted you must feel about postponing the op, but I also understand that family comes first. So sorry to hear about your dad, am sending all my best wishes to you and yours that things go as well as they can.

x

Sending a big hug x

I lost my dad to cancer last year and it was do hard at the time. I think you have made the right decision. Don't underestimate your own grief...I was shocked by how hard it hit me.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I lost my dad to cancer last year and it was do hard at the time. I think you have made the right decision. Don't underestimate your own grief...I was shocked by how hard it hit me.

i too lost my dad last year, its very hard

I know. How ate you coping now?

well you have to get on with it dont you? little things remind me of him all the time, i keep thinking i see him, think about him ever day. I guess because it doesnt show, people think you're over it, but you never are, you just learn to cope x

Back