• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op postponed :(

well you have to get on with it dont you? little things remind me of him all the time, i keep thinking i see him, think about him ever day. I guess because it doesnt show, people think you're over it, but you never are, you just learn to cope x

Oh my loves ... it is 37 yrs since my dad died & I still miss him ... I just count myself lucky to have had him at all. It does get better just not completely xx :sigh:

I haven't been on here much in the last two days as my Dad has been taken ill. My Mum and I had to go to the hospital today and have been told he is very ill and it is only a matter of time.

I was booked to have my sleeve on Friday, but I need to be strong for my Mum, and realistically also need her help with my boys (aged 3 and 6) once I have my op. So, I called my provider today and have postponed my op, so that I can concentrate on my family for the moment.

I am hoping that I can reschedule op for 5th Jan, as that is the next time my husband can be off to look after boys, and it means I can re start the pre op diet on 26th December!!

Feeling a bit fed up tonight. :cry:

No wonder you're feeling fed up. Our familys are so impotant and lets face it they are why we do most things in our lives.

Take time now to spend with mum, especially dad and the rest of your family and remember to take care of yourself too.

I wish you all the best at this very difficult time and when the time comes for your op:):)

:thinking2: so sorry crackers, very insensitive of me, wishing you and your family all the best, thinking of you xxx

Wow! This is the first time I've been on today and I am overwhelmed by your thoughts, kind words and prayers. I really appreciate them.
He hasn't deteriorated any further in the last day so we are just taking one day at a time. He is more comfortable and his character is still showing. My brother has come up from London now so I am relieved he made it.
Thank you so much everyone. You don't know how much it means to me.
Crackers x

Last edited:
Sending love hugs and prayers to you and your family. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Take all the time you need for your family, we only ever get one!! Your op will be available to you once you feel you are truly ready to go ahead with it. xxxxx

Thinking about you and your family xx

I was told last Dec that my dad was very poorly and it was just a matter of time. I ended up staying night and day at his bedside so he wouldn't be alone and I was in hospital for a full week before his time came. I was so glad I did but I was exhausted afterwards.

You have so made the right choice. Be strong for your family and you will all benefit. Big hugs xxx

Back