• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op tomorrow and I have a cold!!!!

Priesty

HI

I can't believe this I am getting ready to leave for Chichester today as we are staying there tonight before I have to go in tomorrow. I have woken up and have a tickly throat and runny nose (sorry if to graphic). :mad:

What am I going to do I really don't want my op cancelled.:cry:

Has anyone else had the same as me and what did the hospital do!! I am so scared they will cancel the op. I feel ok in myself and it's not affecting my chest or anything like that. Is there anything I can do today???

Damn Damn Damn, I am so ready for this and physched up for it.

Thanks all

Paula XX

Oh Paula, try not to worry im sure you will be fine, i had a tickly cough which became soooooo annoying straight after my op..........ouch! Best of luck and look forward to hearing all about it, take care xxx

i'm feeling your distress, hope you wake up tomorrow and it's all better x

Try some echinachea not sure if that is how its spelt, I have heard loads of people talk about it but not tried it myself.

I had a cold up till my surgery what i would do is all of today dose urself up with what ever is the strongest over the counter meds, i took nurofen 3 times a day till the night b4 my op and still on the morning of my op had some symptoms but they were masked lol.
As long as u dont have a temp and its not on ur chest u will be fine xxx

Try not to worry i was coughing big time as i went in another thing to try is the strong dose vitamin c tablets and lots of fluids. All will be fine there has been quite a few of us have been a bit below par on the day of our surgery and we all still had the op. Big hugs full of good luck for tomorrow xx

HI,

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou:553: I feel so much better now. The cold really isn't that bad it's only a sniffle really but I just thought if they got hint of it then they would not do the op. I am taking ibupurofen and drinking OJ as I type lol.

I'm nearly all packed and my hubby is driving over to his Mum's to get her and should be back at lunchtime. I'm going to have some brekkie and then shower and relax for a bit I think.

Take Care
Paula XX

Oh Priesty I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you all day tomorrow. I hope it all goes ahead and that everything is fine for you.

Fizzy xx

I am told Vicks First Defense nasal spray is fabulous for the start of a cold...helps kill it quickly

I know how you feel...i still have the tail end of mine and am a bit snotty (sorry) lol

Best of luck for tomorrow and i will see you on saturday xx

Good luck for tomorrow, enjoy wiggling your butt onto the losers bench :) xx

Hope all goes well for you

xx

Good Luck, it might even be nerves making you feel like you have cold symptoms :)

Hi

I am currently sitting on my hotel bed having paid £10:eek: yes £10 to use the wifi (well hubby paid it I would of gone without but anyway).

Thankyou for all of your well wishes and I am really hoping that this cold gets no worse or at least is better by the morning. I'm going through the loo roll like it's going out of fashion and being the cheap hotel type it's going to obvious that ive been blowing my nose a lot as I could double as Rudolph next chrsitmas.:(

I am determined that they won't cancel my op or Im going to have a sit-in to protest as it's cost me a lot of money and a lot of organisation to get to this point (hotel room, petrol wifi plus choccies and wine for mother in law who we have inflicted our kids on:p)

So make room for me on that losers bench (and having just caught sight of my arse in the hotels full legnth mirror:eek: your gonna need to make some room) I'll be there by tomorrow night.

Oh god husband has fallen asleep watching telly, were gonna get thrown out he's snoring that loudly Chichester will think theres been a lightning free thunderstorm.:rolleyes:

Anyway im now signing off and see you all on the other side.

Take Care

Paula XXX

Best of luck Priesty. I have my fingers crossed for you.

£10 for wifi!!!! That's disgusting.

Back