• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Orlistat tablets

vicky jenkins

I have to start taking Orlistat as part of my pre op journey, just wondered how many people used this and did it help. I'm thinking it might help to get be mentally prepared as well as physically.
What are your views?

I had them a couple of times over the years but they did nothing and that was part of the reason I got referred for tier 3 and eventually WLS.
Some people find the fear of the side effects meant they complied with the low fat diet but whatever I eat nothing happened. Plus I could just not take them if I wanted too so I'm not a fan sorry.

I hope they work for you though honestly!

I'm gou g to start giving them a go tomorrow .
My willpower to sticky g to 2 shakes and a meal is dwindling and I'm not doing well. I need a kick up the backside!!

I'm gou g to start giving them a go tomorrow .
My willpower to sticky g to 2 shakes and a meal is dwindling and I'm not doing well. I need a kick up the backside!!

That's all you can do. Give them ago and see how you get on.

No experience of them myself x

I used them about a year before I had my sleeve as yet another weightloss attempt...they just made me eat more crap as I thought oh well if these pull out the fat I can put more fat in!! They were horrific! Yellow fat everywhere!!
If you are doing a low fat diet then I do t see the benefit of taking them as there won't be much fat to pull out.
Good luck with them and if you think you need some wind watch out it might not be quite what you think!!!

I've tried them in the past and theyre not for me. The leakage. Thats all I'm saying! But if you're taking them alongside a medically monitored diet in preparation for surgery then it might not be so bad.

I was never given tablets - I have no idea why. Mum did a combination of orlistat and weight watchers and lost a lot of weight. She hated the emergency toilet trips if she ate fat, so she didn't bother with the fat.

I had them about 16 years or so ago. They were horrible things and yes - even the tiniest puff meant oily knickers! But, they are used successfully by some or I guess they wouldn't prescribe them.

Well they want me to have them and I knew I might have to jump through hoops....
So I'm going to give them a try.
Wish me luck x

Lots of luck.

Good luck x

Good luck taking them.

I did so in the past and learned that they weren't for me. The leakage and rushed trips to the toilet were very off-putting. But I do know they work for some people, so hope you're one of that group.

I'm trying really hard to stick to very low fat diet, its put me off eating chocolate, crisps and junk food, it's early days yet but I'm hopeful it will help me get to desired pre surgery weight loss.
2 no appointment with dietician on Monday. Looking forward to it, wonder what he'll say?

Good luck taking them.

I did so in the past and learned that they weren't for me. The leakage and rushed trips to the toilet were very off-putting. But I do know they work for some people, so hope you're one of that group.
Hi, just wondering, what's the difference between the bypass and the mini bypass?

So far so good with the tablets, no accidents and I've been super careful not to have over 15g fat in any one meal.
My appointment with the dietitian today was cancelled as he's off sick so now gotta wait til 5th Dec.
Weighed yesterday at leisure centre, 13.5lb lost in 5 weeks.

That's quite a loss, well done :)

Back