• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

siburtramine + orlistat

girly girl

Hi
iv talking to diatician and have been told to start taking sibutramine to stop me being hungry but have been taking orilstat with my evening meal as i only eat fruit veg and salad in the day but what i forgot to ask was do i keep taking the orlistat or stop it and there is no 1 to ring now till monday
your thoughts would help
thanks

Hi lisa sorry i can not help with this one,but wanted to say hi hope someone will be along soon that can help x x x x x sarah

Sorry Lisa I've no idea what you should do. If I had to say something then it would be "hold off them untill you speak to the nurse" as thats what I'd do if it was me. Good luck and another couple of days won't hurt so don't risk anything. xxGaynorxx

Doesnt sound like you need Orlistat if youre eating that, there wont be much fat in your diet :)

Hi Lisa - they work in different ways. The Orlistat stops the absorbtion of fat and sibutramine acts on the brain to help stop comfort eating. If your diet is less than 30% fat orlistat won't make any difference to you anyway. So I say: take the sibutramine and stop the orlistat until you can get to speak to someone. Zxx

you got some good options here please let us know what the answer s on monday.
good luck

Hi Lisa

Just found this on the Boots website:

There's no evidence that taking orlistat and sibutramine together will help you lose more weight than taking one of them on its own. Taking them both together isn't recommended in the UK. If you take both drugs, you may get the side effects of both.

Personally i wouldnt take both until you get advice from you gp or nurse.

Hi
thanks for the replys think i will start the siburtramine tomorrow as the hunger is really getting to me and not take the orlistat unless i no im having somthing really fatty (having kids bbq party on sunday )
thanks again
xxxx

bump,

girly girl

so did your dietician say?

Back