• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Orlistat tablets

Well done Vicky that a great loss, glad your getting on ok with the tablets, I tried them a few years ago and can certainly relate to what others were saying so your doing incredibly well it definitely helps keeping the fat intake low
X

Well done Vicky that a great loss, glad your getting on ok with the tablets, I tried them a few years ago and can certainly relate to what others were saying so your doing incredibly well it definitely helps keeping the fat intake low
X
Maybe I'm not doing quite so well, I've put on 2lb today but still doing ok, will start again tomorrow x

I had the orlistat tablets and heard some good success stories but they just didn't suit me as I could eat a ham salad sandwich for eg with a bit of butter on but would still have the same effect as if I had ate a high fat meal spoke to dr hartland at the manor and said might have a reaction to them so is. Posting me out a new or prescription for another kind of tablet so fingers crossed but hope you do well on them good luck x

Good luck with the new tablets, I didn't know there was anything else on the market. Let us know how you get on?

I think they work really well, as long as you don't have more than 15 g of fat on any 1 meal they work great, unfortunately I need it in injection form as I'm now cheating by not taking a tablet when I have something really fatty. I'm struggling like mad to be honest.

I haven't been taking them for every meal and not even every day, but I do take them when I feel my will power is particularly poor, but today I weighed and I have met my 5% loss, they wanted me to lose 1 stone 1lb and I nailed that today, if I can keep it off and hopefully lose a bit more they will refer me for surgery in march at my 6 months appointment.
Feeling chuffed.

I had them a couple of times over the years but they did nothing and that was part of the reason I got referred for tier 3 and eventually WLS.
Some people find the fear of the side effects meant they complied with the low fat diet but whatever I eat nothing happened. Plus I could just not take them if I wanted too so I'm not a fan sorry.

I hope they work for you though honestly!
I wouldn't agree with your experience of them maybe everyone's different but my I suggested that to my gp and dietician about just not taking them and cheating but they said once they were in my system it would take a few days to come out again. There was several times I skipped taking them to cheat so to speak and it failed I still have terribly oily stools after the cheat meal. And then I also would stop taking them but still be getting oily stools upto a week afterwards when eating foods high in fat

Back