• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ouchie...

Mrs Quiggle

I have the Mother of all toothaches. Feels like I have an abscess which is bad enough without having a needle phobia but I know that if I go to the dentist she is going to want to give me an injection one have a look under the cap that she fitted a couple of years ago. I knew I should have plucked up the courage and had a root canal filling when the tooth broke.

It's so painful, going to take some more paracetamol and go to bed.

Kate x

Ouch hun !! i hate the dentist to and have a tooth that they filled when i knew it needed to come out :( they are a pain coming, a pain whilst there here and agony going !!
Hope its settled a little by tomorrow ((((((hugs))))))).

anyone like me that has a needle phobia should find out if they can get IV sedation..... It is brill I wont go to the dentist unless I can get IV treatment on NHS. There are dentists that do or can refer you to one that does.

they changed the rulings now for iv sedation on the nhs. i always had it but now they refuse and say i have to go to hospital dentist instead. don't have too bad a needle phobia its the actual dentist i have issues with have to take valium just to go in their door. hope you feel better soon and that they can sort out something. best wishes xx

It's still awful this morning, I'm hoping she will just give me a prescription for anti b's to see if that sorts it out. I'm going to my Parents on Friday and Mum usually keeps a supply of anti b's for tooth abscesses as my brother sends them to her from France. You can buy them over the counter there. I might phone her and see if she has any before I go to the dentist.

Kate x

aww kate, toothaches are awful :( the dentist wont treat you if u have an absess, they will give u anti b's, good luck honey xxx

oh hun hope your better soon xx

hope you feel better soon xx

How r u now, Kate :wave_cry: No dentist would do anything if you have an abscess. :cry: They would give you anti b's & painkillers & tell you to go back in about a week. Knowing this should give you the courage to go & whilst there tell him about your needle phobia & ask if he can help in any way :wave_cry: Good luck, hon & hope the pain is a bit better :wave_cry: xxx

I've got an appointment for tomorrow at 9am tomorrow. Silly thing is I have no problem with the dentist, it's purely the injections I have a problem with. I have to be in absolute hell before I will let them near me with one. Last time I explained she just capped my tooth and I know it should have had a root filling before capping but she didn't do it because of my needle thing. I'm getting a little better at blood tests etc. Took a lot for me to have the bypass because of the needles but ones in the mouth are an absolute no no.

Kate x

Oh no , feel for you hunni , hope you can get it sorted without too much trauma xx

Hope ur feeling better now Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

How does your mouth feel now Kate
I had an abscess start the same time as yours.
My dentist wanted to take my tooth out after I had finished my antibiotics NOOOO WAY
It is still a little tender but getting there.

I'm a fellow "No one is putting a needle in my mouth" phobe
I don't have injections for fillings and my dentist is fine with that but I have met a few dentists who can't understand how I can do it!

Back