• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Over eaten

laurawls

I got band on 4th feb 14 (3-4 weeks ago) I have just started purée food this week. I feel tonight I must of over eaten I have a pain under my left breast? Would this happen if I've over eaten? How do I settle it?

Sounds like it, its very easy to do, was banded on 5.1.14, and it has happened a few times now, I tried burping and walking around, it seemed to help. Hope the pain goes quickly x

sounds like it Laura :( not sure if anything u can do, but i'm sure one of the more seasoned banders will help . think its just a matter of time x x x hope it settles soon

If its a pain, yes you probably have over eaten. If its more of a 'heavy' feeling then that's your band telling you its had enough food.

It takes time to recognise when enough is enough but just remember to take your time and you will be fine xx

i had this too! i was banded in october, but i think it was my band telling me i was full rather than over eaten! x x

It seems to have settled now thank goodness. I will remember not to eat as much next time.

Thank you xx

It could also come from eating too quickly, too big mouthfuls or not allowing enough time between those mouthfuls for the food to pass through comfortably. The most likely is that you've eaten too much.

If you follow the eating patter of 30/30/20 or even 20/20/20 - small morsel of food, chew for 30 seconds, wait for 30 seconds before the next mouthful and then only eat for 20 mins, this should match the portion size of 4-6 tablespoons which is the average portion guidance for a band.

:)

It could also come from eating too quickly, too big mouthfuls or not allowing enough time between those mouthfuls for the food to pass through comfortably. The most likely is that you've eaten too much.

If you follow the eating patter of 30/30/20 or even 20/20/20 - small morsel of food, chew for 30 seconds, wait for 30 seconds before the next mouthful and then only eat for 20 mins, this should match the portion size of 4-6 tablespoons which is the average portion guidance for a band.

:)

Hi top kat, Oh my good ness, 4-6 tablespoons, I cant imagine taking 20 minutes to eat this amount of food, does this much food fill you up, that is hard to imagine pre band.

4-6 tablespoons? Where's this come from?

I'm eating more than that on a 7.25ml in a 10ml band and losing weight. Blimey, not seen that before... maybe I've been doing it wrong for 8 months! ;-0

x

I'm eating more than that on a 7.25ml in a 10ml band and losing weight. Blimey, not seen that before... maybe I've been doing it wrong for 8 months! ;-0

x

On my diet sheets it says that too (4-6tbsp). I'm gonna have to echo one person above - pre-fill stage that I am it seems like a teeny tiny amount!

I got confused by the tablespoons 'thing' apart from not owning a tablespoon, how do you measure a tablespoon of carrots? A true measure when cooking is a level spoon? I think? I can balance a very big carrot on a big spoon. Surely you'd get a different amount depending how the carrots were cooked?
So i just imagined the size of the spoon on my plate & serve a 'blob' around that big. Not very scientific, i know!
If I weighed it'd be roughly 50-100g
No idea if that's right or not though!

x

It's the amount my provider advises portion sizes to be, more than that can cause the pouch to stretch, strangulation and band issues if portion sizes are too big.

Be interesting to see how much 4-6 tbsp weighs. My guidance was 1-2 cups in volume, which is 200-400mls .. I reckon 1/2 to 1 ready meal size approximately. That's my guide, so even when I dont count calories I know approximately the right amount of food for my body and band :17729:

Hi top kat, Oh my good ness, 4-6 tablespoons, I cant imagine taking 20 minutes to eat this amount of food, does this much food fill you up, that is hard to imagine pre band.

My portion size works out to be the size of a small ready meal.

Back