• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Over eating

mizkirsty

What happens if you over eat?
Do you feel full then pain then vomit?
Does this cause lasting damage. I'm terrified I'll accidentally do this one day!

Xx

I do not have the band, but had a bypass, however I am not sure if I have over eaten as yet, but I get this feeling higher up in my chest of something stuck there and a huge build up of the phlegm like substance.

I think this is over eating, and that is why we need to eat slow as this feeling comes on about 5 min after eating if I eat too quick and maybe too much.

Only had it a few times.

I do not have the band, but had a bypass, however I am not sure if I have over eaten as yet, but I get this feeling higher up in my chest of something stuck there and a huge build up of the phlegm like substance.

I think this is over eating, and that is why we need to eat slow as this feeling comes on about 5 min after eating if I eat too quick and maybe too much.

Only had it a few times.

thats what i have experienced same with my band....take time eating, its a horrible experience xx

the only thing ive had as been in the first few weeks when I once tried to eat 2 soft boiled eggs ,the first one went down ok and I should have stopped then ,but oh no not be waste not want not and went on to eat the second egg as soon as I finally I had this urge to up chuck.....so I did
learnt a lesson to listen to my body know when ive had enough ! not done it since

I've had this a couple of times - the pain is horrendous - like a really tight sharp chest pain then you start to produce lots of thick slimy saliva as your body tries to help push it down - I've never been sick just had to wait 5 mins or so for it to pass - it feels like 5 hours !

I believe this can cause slippage and distension :-(

I think it's the bands way if slowing you down as you're defiantly slower for a week or so afterwards ! Xxx

if you were to continually over eat or eat portions bigger than as used it can lead to the pouch above the band being stretched rendering it pretty useless. Slow down your eating and stick to the portion sizes, spring sick and vomiting esp if regular can cause issues of slippages etc yes.

Back