• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Over the Border!!

notahappybunny

im in a dilemma, i have a BMI of 48.8 with cple co-morbodities and awaiting funding as you know, i have read that if you have BMI of 50 you def qualify.
im trying to loose weight to show i want this 30 years of obesity over yet back of my mind i can't help feeling what if i just went to BMI 50.
its like the old tom & jerry cartoons, good angel saying " keep going" the devil other side saying "go to 50 your nearly there anyway" lol.:sigh:

i was 265 1b when i got my funding and i have no other ailments , dont put any more weight on its just not worth it honestly pluss if the doctor sees you are gaining a lot more weight it may not go in your favour as he may wonder how you will do the pre op diet, good luck with your funding i can honestly say its the best thing i have ever done for myself,

Thanks Sue, think this morning i was down with the waiting game! you get so frustrated.
il carry on with diet and gym see what happens.
xx

i know it seems to take forever and i have no room to talk as i think i was the worst dieter in the world , but i can honestly say i have never felt fitter since loosing a little weight and wow look at you going to the gym thats brilliant i still hide away on the treadmill in the garage lol and finally chin up remember you are doing this for you

I know what you mean... since my BMI is now down to around 47, with co morbitities (diabetes, high blood pressure and recent cancer) my funding has been approved.

It has concerned me, but my view is that I have already lost a stone and a half during my wait and although I have my difficult days, I feel so much better for it and I do as much as I can for myself to not only make myself feel better but also to pass the time away for my wait.

I am amazed that just a few pounds off can give you so much more energy and will to carry on... I think we all have a threshold level inbuilt in our own frame and body and I know when I have gone over it... because you feel so unhealthy and unwell and as soon as I get down into the 18 stones, I feel some improvement... my ideal weight is around 12 stones... I was stuck around that for many years then plummeted up and have never gone down...

Please keep going and do it for you... I never want to put another ounce on... although my weight goes up and down by the usual 2lbs daily... that's part of being human... but I can't tell you how much better life is for just losing a little bit and it's an incentive to carry on...

Wishing you luck and sending you love and huge hug xxx

I can see how you would be tempted. But hang on in there With co-morbidities you should be ok.

and I have t agree, even losing a stone pre-op has made such a difference to how I feel in myself.

+ if you did gain that weight in order to get funding you'd probably have to take it straight back of again to reach a weight loss target set by your provider...:eek:

and remember, it's so much easier to gain it than to lose it! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back