• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise please

dawn08

Hi everyone

Would like general advise on what people did in the interim period of referral please ? I have finally been referred by my GP and awaiting my appointment with the consultant in January then I assume that's when you begin the 12 week weight loss group . I can only speak for myself but between now and January could potentially be more weight gain which I don't want , however I have a bmi of 44 do I want to have tried and lost some for them to say actually you don't qualify ..... Did anyone else see this as a dilemma ???

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Dawn

If your area is the same as most others, your BMI for qualifying is taken from the date of referral so don't worry that if you lose any by your appointment with the consultant they'll say you won't qualify.

I put on weight between my referral and my first appointment - about 1 or 2 BMI points - but from that point on it was weight off or I was out of the system - my area doesn't do the weight management.

Sorry I can't be more helpful x

I agree, dont think you have to worry about loosing funding if you loose weight. But I recommend you make a concerted effort to at least maintain (or loose if you can). I'll be honest, I put on weight between referral and MDT, but maintained between MDT and pre op assessment. My provider did not set goals, but many do.

Any weight u lose before ur initial weigh in at hosp won't count. When they weight u at hosp that the weight they go by. I have heard ppl losing weight before and been told it doesn't count and if Bmi goes below 40 u don't qualify. Hope this helps. Every area different tho x I would just try to maintain till ur first recorded weigh in x

Back