• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overcoming Toilet issues

chrisa

Hi all after celebrating my year surgiversary yesterday thought it would be a good time to let you all know that i am finally back to as normal as can possibly be in the toilet department I know a lot of us have issues here and there is light at the end of the tunnell. It has taken the year to get this sorted out for a long time i struggled and took prune juice n ate prune yoghurts each day, I now only have prune juice as n when i feel the need to. I used to suffer from some food intolerances before the op and on the other side of the coin would be constipated, so no happy medium really but now well much better. The best thing about losin the weight this year has been no pain in my feet, i have had heel spurs, and then plantar fascitis, very very painful, you will know if you have it. I noiw have no pain in my feet and it is a joy to get up and keep walking around with out that awful pain. Good luck everyone with whatever stage of the journey you are on, perseverance is the key xx:D

so know how plantar feels, have got it, and am on my feet all day, and by the end of the day, i walk like a little old lady, work in a coffee shop, so dont get to rest them. My big plus for me when i get the surgery done in jan, is no pain in feet, I think i'll shout so loud with joy the whole of the uk will hear, cant wait. glad you've got your loos issues sorted, am dreading that bit, and will be using prune juice etc to help. well done on the weight loss you look fab, hope it goes as well for me as it did with you. did you think when you had it done it would work for you? keep thinking that it wont for me, but will for everyone in the world. all thoose failed diets under my belt, well lost the weight, but always put t back on!congrats you've done brilliantly

so know how plantar feels, have got it, and am on my feet all day, and by the end of the day, i walk like a little old lady, work in a coffee shop, so dont get to rest them. My big plus for me when i get the surgery done in jan, is no pain in feet, I think i'll shout so loud with joy the whole of the uk will hear, cant wait. glad you've got your loos issues sorted, am dreading that bit, and will be using prune juice etc to help. well done on the weight loss you look fab, hope it goes as well for me as it did with you. did you think when you had it done it would work for you? keep thinking that it wont for me, but will for everyone in the world. all thoose failed diets under my belt, well lost the weight, but always put t back on!congrats you've done brilliantly

Yes I think it could definitely work for you, this is the most amount of weight i have ever lost I used to get to 2-3 stone then it would flounder then go staright back on and more. I don't think its easy and must admit its awful when it starts to stick but am happy thta i have only gained twice and that was a pound and i have always managed to lose it the following week and another one to go with it so that helps. It is a life time committment the secret for me is not calorie counting, just look at low fat or fat free and try to eat 2 portions of fruit, 2 of veg, 6 of protein, 2-3 carbohydrates ande plenty of water, do have treats now mind you but in very small quantity, I drink ocasionally b ut only 3 now where as before it would have been 10 or more. Good luck with the journey xx;) I feel for youwith the painful fet I know that pain can be really bad, i had heel spurs for 2 years before it was excruciating and they used to hurt even when resting with feet elevated, one of the worst pains that affects the whole body, and stops you doing things you would like to that is the main difference I have found in my life since my bypass last year. xx

Happy surgiversary. You have done so well & also so supportive to others. So pleased you are pain free with your feet. It is lovely to not have to think about what you want to do because of pain & the immobility it causes. I agree it is the best thing from my WLS.
My 'toilet issues ' are also resolved as I am very regular now without any intervention despite some of my eating issues with meat protein. Well here's to the next year & may you continue to be successful & healthy.

It is so good to hear about someone who has actually managed to get the toilet issue sorted out!! I am only a couple of weeks out of surgery and already am on a laxative from the hospital, and really don't want to go down that road if I can help it. I am going to try prune juice as you did and see if that will help in a more natural way. Good for you chrisa xxxx

Sorry to ask such a personal question bellydancer, but would you mind telling me how you managed to get your "toilet issues" sorted out!!

It is so good to hear about someone who has actually managed to get the toilet issue sorted out!! I am only a couple of weeks out of surgery and already am on a laxative from the hospital, and really don't want to go down that road if I can help it. I am going to try prune juice as you did and see if that will help in a more natural way. Good for you chrisa xxxx

Just try a little bit at first in case the sweetness makes you dump. I get sunsweet which is natural £2 A BOTTLE WHICH LASTS AWEEK ON THE CORRECT AMOUNT YOU WONT NEED THAT TO START OFF BUT YOU COULD HAVE THE PRUNE YOGHURT AS WELL. sorry caps lock was on xx;)

Thanks chrisa I will certainly give it a go and be very cautious with the sunsweet just in case x

Sorry to ask such a personal question bellydancer, but would you mind telling me how you managed to get your "toilet issues" sorted out!!

For me I had to initially resort to glycerine suppositories. I find eating meat & poultry a major issue. Pre op I suffered with meat intolerances but they are far worse now with my sleeve. I also can't eat much volume so veg protein not giving me enough. I am now managing my protein intake by supplementing with a diet whey protein shake per day & or a high protein soup then eating small meals for lunch & dinner. I have added fruit to the shake & tried to introduce small amounts of the veg I can tollerate such as peas, carrots, swede, salad leaves, peeled tomatoes & cucumber. I find now I go regularly virtually every day & my dietician is very pleased.
You do have to work at it finding out what is nutritionally best for you as we are all different.

Thanks very much for the info Bellydancer!! I think I am probably looking too far ahead at the moment, as I am only 2 weeks out of surgery, but just want to try and work out a strategy for a bit further on so as not to have to rely on laxatives. Think I will just have to experiment until I find the right combination for me xx

At first the dietician recommended fybogel that really helped but wanted something that could count in the healthy rgime hence the prune juice n yoghurts, 1 fruit n 1 protein. x

Good idea. I really got myself into a lather at the beginning but now much more relaxed about everything & getting used to it all. It is only naturally to try to rush things but you are at early stages. As you can see there's loads of advice & support on here. Your team hopefully will assist too.

Happy surgiversary chrisa! You are such an inspiration to us all. I'm the other way toilet wise. Week out of surgery and still very runny even watery ( sorry) somim waiting for mine to firm a little! So even tho I love prunes I will have to stay well clear for a while lol xxx

Chrisa! have just ordered with my online shopping some sunsweet prune juice. The sugar content looks quite high, is it likely to make me dump? Should I water it down, and how much do you think I should take at first?? Sorry for all the questions, but have never used prune juice before, and also very wary about dumping as I've heard it's pretty unpleasant.. xx

Also! the only prune yogurts I could see were the activia prune yogurts, and they aren't low fat or low sugar i think they had 16gms of sugar per yogurt which was really high.

Asda's own prune yoghurts I used to get, the juice it recomends bout 100ml a day but I would say try 25 ml each day and see how that goes down if you are worried maybe try it after tea, then if it has any effects you will not be going anywhere and if you have to lie down it wont be a problem. You could maybe water it down I have never done that though, just trial n error though we are all different what one can tollerate another can't, I would just sip as you would a short(alcohol) then it doesnt go straight into your system at once. Good luck it does work, It is an accquired taste but tastes better than it looks. Got to be worth a try xx Also if taken at tea time will ahve chance to work its way through your system to go to loo next morning hopefully. xx

Thanks chrisa will start the prune juice when its delivered on friday.. And although I work for Tesco, I might just have to defect and visit asda for the prune yogurts in that case. xx

Back