• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head issues

Oh fuffs thankyou for the kind words.. It is so strange!! Hardly anyone in my life even knows anything about me, I stay very much to myself. So for me to say in public on a forum stuff about myself and my loss is pretty much something.. I just feel more at home here and like I am amongst friends than I actually do in real life which I suppose is sad but very true.... It is a good thing in a way because up until now I havent even really sat down and cried properly about my daughter. Havent been able to shed that grief or share it. This forum and the people on here is a totally wonderful... I am not brave far from it !! I have to live with what has happened to me, dont have a choice.. the brave people are the people that opt for life changing decisions. I just muddle along trying to survive. The only brave thing I have done is to say yes to a gastric bypass, and at the same time I suppose say yes to living again.... I follow the journeys especially fuffs' because it is so close to mine,with great enthusiasm, and interest. You have to do well, because if not then I might just get cold feet lol!!! No pressure eh!! lol

xxx

Oh ryan I am so glad you did not take offence.. You really do need to explore the bi polar thingy!! It isnt the end of the world if you are bi polar, its just a condition and with good medication it can be sorted and then you can get on with your life. I will keep checking up on here to see how you get on ryan, I almost hope it is bi polar, because then with the right medication you will be fine I'm sure. xxxx

Well done Ryan I think you are doing the right thing, and if you can get quicker care going private through your work then thats brilliant as long as you get sorted, and quickly when the wrongs can be righted and then maybe you can get your head around why hings have been going the way they have with your mood swings etc. The mind is a very complex thing and very few are trained and know and understand how to help in these situations, Good Luck. xx

Amanda you have no idea how brave you have been just staying alive, I for one don't know or understand how you have managed to come this far with all this stuck inside of you my heart breaks to think of it and am sure had it been me I wouldn't have coped as well as you have, You have given us all the opportunity to look at our lives and as Ryan said put things into perspective in our own lives. God Bless you both in this your hour of need, prayers will be said for both of you this very hour and every day after until I hear that something has changed for the better, keep fighting xx

I am woefully unqualified to even comment on you lovely people's issues.
I just hope sharing them on our forum helps you just a tiny bit. We are all here to try to support each other & we are thinking of those that are finding it harder than most.
Thank you for sharing with me & my thoughts are with you.

You are both very brave, first of all for being so open about what is happening to you and so determined to overcome it. I cannot imagine that your daughter would be anything less than proud that you are trying to move on and I am sure she would not want you to spend your life feeling guilty for something you couldn't change.

This forum has totally changed my life!! This bypass has changed my life even before I have it... On here I have found other people that have or are suffering the same things that I am going through, and also much worse than I have ever even dreamed of.... I have read their stories and listened to their fears, doubts and dreams, and also the most amazing stories of their courage in the face of terrible trials... I feel now that I have found a group of people who I can identify with and open up to, and ultimately hopefully become a part of this wonderful band of triers and doers!! I know life goes on, I tell myself that every day, but you know something people!!! life goes on much better when there are decent people in it moving it along!!! I will live!! I will be thin!! I will be normal!! I will be the person that my daughter would be so proud of!! God bless you all xxxx

This forum has totally changed my life!! This bypass has changed my life even before I have it... On here I have found other people that have or are suffering the same things that I am going through, and also much worse than I have ever even dreamed of.... I have read their stories and listened to their fears, doubts and dreams, and also the most amazing stories of their courage in the face of terrible trials... I feel now that I have found a group of people who I can identify with and open up to, and ultimately hopefully become a part of this wonderful band of triers and doers!! I know life goes on, I tell myself that every day, but you know something people!!! life goes on much better when there are decent people in it moving it along!!! I will live!! I will be thin!! I will be normal!! I will be the person that my daughter would be so proud of!! God bless you all xxxx

Nice one!! thats the spirit, you go and get it girl. xxx;)

I am so sorry for your loss amanda577 xx

ryanrara your moods change very quick from what you have said so it my be you have personality disorder rather than bi polar which is more days, weeks, months on an episode.

I would talk to your GP again and ask for information on local support groups as they can be really good.

Ryan, so happy you have fighting spirit to get through this. You are a great guy xxx

Amanda, I won't retract one word. You are brave and inspirational. To face each day must have been torture. Becoming obese is the best thing of the options of what could have happened to you. You are still here. That's a result,

Well done both of you for being awesome and taking on life head on. Proud of you both xxx

Thank you for that fuffs. I know one thing though. This forum, and the people on here have honestly been a lifeline these past couple of months, not only regarding the bypass itself, but reading all the inspirational stories, and following people on their journeys, and also just feeling that I have found somewhere, where I don't feel so much of a misfit, a sense of belonging!! This place and the people who frequent it are just amazing!!

Thank you for that fuffs. I know one thing though. This forum, and the people on here have honestly been a lifeline these past couple of months, not only regarding the bypass itself, but reading all the inspirational stories, and following people on their journeys, and also just feeling that I have found somewhere, where I don't feel so much of a misfit, a sense of belonging!! This place and the people who frequent it are just amazing!!

(((hugs))) thats how you should feel on here. Not many people understand our journey. And less people understand wls. But on here we can all support, celebrate and encourage each other wihout fear of the outside worlds thoughts. I am really happy you found the forum. As I am that I did. Its been my support :)

Ryan this has really struck a cord with me, I don't come on here much but up early sat on the sofa with poorly little boy. I to am six months post op and lost over ten stone. Have suffered on and off With depression for the last ten years and before op was quite well controlled on medication and only real problem was the eating. However in last few months even though I physically feel fab get loads completes about my new body have hubby four months post op who's also doing great, have loads of support from great friends 3 amazing children a nice home and large close family things started to get slowly worse again. Moods stared going up and down and then got waves of uncontrolable anger which was a new one to me, this has been really hard on my kids as they have had to put up with mummy shouting and screaming and throwing things around for no good reason. My hubby finally took me to docs after witnessing one of these episodes and being blown away. She was unsure and put my dosage up slightly and also sent me back to see surgeon who was worried that I was not fully absorbing my medication fully as this can be common. He said that with other medications they can do blood tests to check for levels but this does not work for antideppresants he suggested that my medication be doubled even though this took me over the BNF max dose and see what effect this had over 3 months. He said the only other option was to try other meds but as I had tryed 4 before settling on this one pre op he was not keen. So I am 2 months in on double dose and things are settling down a little still having odd bouts but not as offen or as bad as they were . I have considered going back to see councillor again but have done this twice and feel like there would not be much they can say that iv not heard I know what's going on with my brain and all the strat to deal with it but it was like an out of body experience that mortified me the following day. I hope you find what works for you x

Just to say all firstly a big thank you for all your words of support and great advice. I have had a Good few days and saw my GP on FRiday, he has put on a sleeping tab for 30 days, to also aid with something called my dopemine levels. I also now have a written referral to a psyciatrist, which I will contact my private medical monday morning and put in to action.
Thanks all x

ryanrara said:
Just to say all firstly a big thank you for all your words of support and great advice. I have had a Good few days and saw my GP on FRiday, he has put on a sleeping tab for 30 days, to also aid with something called my dopemine levels. I also now have a written referral to a psyciatrist, which I will contact my private medical monday morning and put in to action.
Thanks all x

That's good to hear Ryan (((hugs))) good luck mate xxx

Ryanara that is excellent news you are getting the help you want need and deserve. Well done for making it happen xx

That is great news Ryan, sounds like you have a pretty good GP, which helps... I wish you all the luck in the world, and hope that this is the start of you getting the help that you so deserve... xxx

Just an update all. I am doing pretty well. I ave seen a psychiatrist, he has changed my anti depressants and put me on a daily mood stabilizer. He has also given me a diagnosis of having a 'personality disorder' for which I will be doing weekly phycotherapy sessions for the next 6 to 12 months. I do feel a lot better though, less ups and downs, and no eratic behaviour. I went to tenerife for two weeks as well and spent it sunning, seaing and surfing. So in short I am better and sorting myself out.

Ryan, after just reading through the posts I'm so glad to hear you are getting what you need. Unfortunately I know a lot about mental illness and it's just so hard isn't it? My dad left my mum a couple of years ago and she developed bipolar, she has been on mood stabilisers ever since and but she is doing much better because of them, and I lost a lot of people close to me in my early 20's and had a breakdown as a result. I've been on strong antidepressants, sleeping tablets and Valium ever since. I've also had OCD since I was 4 again triggered by the loss of a loved one. I think some people are born predisposed to this kind of thing and different things in our lives brings it out. You are being really strong to reach out to your GP and get the help you need instead of continue the self destruct mode. It's made me think about how I will have to keep a close eye on myself post surgery and follow your example if need be, so thank you for that.

Good luck with your therapy, sounds like you are already on the road to recovery and congratulations on your amazing weight loss! :) x

Back