• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overnight family additions lol

top_kat

We already have 3 cats (2 half persians) and 2 dogs (Shih tzu's x Chinese Crested Powderpuffs) but recently I have been following on FB a charity cat rescue near to where we live. The day before I went for my surgery they posted pictures of 2 persian cats that had been rescued and they needed to rehome.

Well, despite them having an open day on Monday which I couldn't go to, I called them yesterday afternoon, they did a Vet check and less than 4 hours later, we were signing the paperwork.

Leo and his sister Amy are grey persians, 12 years old and their owner was going to have them put to sleep cos she was going into a home :( so, they have joined in our family of squashed in faces (the animals that is lol)

And here they are . . .last night, making themselves at home on our leather sofa LOL

Here is Amy

28ja6oz.jpg

And here is her brother Leo

2upw9l2.jpg

They are in a bit of a mess, going to need lots of grooming, but I couldn't bare to think of them being put to sleep just cos she couldn't re-home them and most rescue places wouldn't take them because of their age.

So, Amy and Leo.

She gave us a fright today tho cos I couldn't find her and thought she'd escaped. . . .thankfully we managed to find her in a box under the the bed in the spare room. *phew* lol

:)

That's brilliant - I've got two rescue cats as well and I know exactly what you mean! I'm sure they will have their paws under the table before you know it!

what a lovely thing to do top_kat.. I have been thinking of getting a cat.. I live alone and really miss having animals.. Maybe you would be able to give me the name of the cat charity that you follow on face book??

Yes they are New Start Cat Rescue based in Newent, Glos. They rehome from there or Gloucester. But they have sooooo many cats right now, and some who have been there a long time, its so heartbreaking.

Ahh they look really cute and that is a lovely thing to do.

Thanks for your message hun xx

Aw, What a lovely blessing to bestow. I'm sure they will be very happy with you Kat Tracey xxx

Pets

We already have 3 cats (2 half persians) and 2 dogs (Shih tzu's x Chinese Crested Powderpuffs) but recently I have been following on FB a charity cat rescue near to where we live. The day before I went for my surgery they posted pictures of 2 persian cats that had been rescued and they needed to rehome.

Well, despite them having an open day on Monday which I couldn't go to, I called them yesterday afternoon, they did a Vet check and less than 4 hours later, we were signing the paperwork.

Leo and his sister Amy are grey persians, 12 years old and their owner was going to have them put to sleep cos she was going into a home :( so, they have joined in our family of squashed in faces (the animals that is lol)

And here they are . . .last night, making themselves at home on our leather sofa LOL

Here is Amy

28ja6oz.jpg

And here is her brother Leo

2upw9l2.jpg

They are in a bit of a mess, going to need lots of grooming, but I couldn't bare to think of them being put to sleep just cos she couldn't re-home them and most rescue places wouldn't take them because of their age.

So, Amy and Leo.

She gave us a fright today tho cos I couldn't find her and thought she'd escaped. . . .thankfully we managed to find her in a box under the the bed in the spare room. *phew* lol

:)

Hi Kat, they are so beautiful, I too have 3 cats, 3 dogs and 2 gerbils! I work as a support worker with adults with mental health and or learning disability issues. Our last cat was one which one of my service users had bought, but for reasons I cannot disclose could not keep him, so after much persuasion, my youngest daughter and I convinced my partner to have him. he is now the most lovely cat, and has adapted well to our menagerie!
Our latest addition is a puppy king charles and she has been through it since arriving with us as she manaaged to find some long lost Naproxen tablets and has had 3 stays in hospital - we have only had her around 12 weeks! - but now has a clean bill of health.....thak goodness! So much fun and pleasure from all of them.....and now looking forward to pain and breathlesssness free walking lol xx

thanks top kat. I am on the wiltshire dorset border so not that far from gloucestershire, so will check them out...

Back