• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oxo cubes

nuttynicky

Hi all I wanted to test oxo cubes out before I start my pre op, do you use all the cube? And how much hot water do you use? What are the best to use? Or is it just your own taste?

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

what i used to do was make a paste out of the cube (crumbled up with a touch of water) then add water till you get the result you like

Hi yaa,
Been on milk choice of pre op 6days now and I use oxo cube, just in normal tea mug. I guess you could add more water if you like it thinner and that would assist your water intake too. The lamb one is delish!!

joffy01582 said:
what i used to do was make a paste out of the cube (crumbled up with a touch of water) then add water till you get the result you like

Thank you joffy wasn't to sure how much water to put with it I will try your way and see how I get on

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

It depends on whether you're drinking it or using it on food as a gravy substitute. I like it quite strong so I would follow Joffy's advice and add a tiny amount at a time until it's right

I'm glad I saw this thread as I was wondering the same thing! I've just started the milk and yogurt pre-op diet and I'm missing the taste of savoury, so it's good to know that I can have a drink of oxo now and then. :)

Found somewhere on the net this pre-op diet tip for a savoury hit. I'm so glad I found it! Chicken bovril and half a cube of OXO curry cube, really nice curry type drink.

oxo also do squeezy tubes now, on tsp equals a cube i think. the tube has 8 servings in. just tastes like soup.

Im drinking the bovril cubes and they are really delicious. There are so many different ones out there now that there really is something for everyone..

Thanks was wondering this some good advice

I've been drinking bouillon , lovely taste and much lower salt content for anyone who's worried about their blood pressure.

I really struggle with Oxo, but I've found the Knorr stock cubes less harsh, they also have other herbs etc in them and are ok. Particularly found the one for lamb tolerable.

i used a stock cube, 1 cube in a mug of water was very tasty and i would mix them, 1/2 chicken and 1/2 veg, that was good too, just like a runny soup xx

I've been having Bovril, 1tsp per mug of boiling water, and on alternate days a Knorr lamb stock cube. I pour water into the mug first and then drop the cube in to let it dissolve. Both yummy :)

Last edited:
Back