• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

P.C.T will be gone soon 8-)

lisa x

is very happy!
hi.
I just thought I would share with you a conversation I had with my practice manger this morning.

I have had a lot of issues(like most of you) in getting funding and support from my G.P for bariatric surgery.

In the last few weeks I was given a lot of incorrect information from the G.P and P.C.T.

A very long story short I have got funding (on condition I quit smoking 6 weeks prior to surgery as oppose to referral as quoted/requested by P.C.T.)

I have had two meetings with my practice manager and placed two complaints based on how long it has taken,wrong information quoted,the fact that I have had to chased everything to get this far.
Also the fact i felt unsupported by my G.P whom i believe her actions were (for want of a better word) predjudiced.

My meeting today concluded quite well and I am sure I will get another wishy washy apology for there misconduct.

I am not one to complain...I will not take this further as I don't believe in the "where's there's blame there's a claim " culture....
A simple appology and recognition of the mistakes will do me just fine.

Anyhow I have a foot not on my funding agreement that states I will not be automatically given plastics,and that I have 6 months to use the funding.(considering it takes 9 months with the Luton & Dunstable hospital if all is straight forward I got concerned)
I wanted clarification that it was 6 months to first appointment ...not treatment as quoted by a member of the P.C.T.
I am sure it is referral/first appointment but I will let you know if it is otherwise.(read the small print!!!!)

On leaving her office,I commented on how the P.C.T will not fund plastics/reconstruction and she was quick to tell me that the P.C.T will have disbanded in 2/3 years time,and the G.P will have more responsibility in decision making for funding.

I was informed that a lot of the employees of the P.C.T in my area have already been made redundant or have jumped ship in view of the government cutting 45% of management from the N.H.S.

I have a few concerns that if the G.P has more control it will still be a post code lottery,but I do feel at slight ease that maybe I will (if my G.P is more supportive!) get help possibly for plastics/reconstruction should I need them in the future.Like most of you, I have concerns with the sheer volume of skin I will be left with.

I guess the reason I wanted to share this with you is firstly,don't give upon trying to get funding.
Secondly i know alot of us have been concerned that our funding will be taken from us in a cost cutting exersize..or not given given funding in the immediate future because of the volume of bad press that seems to be building up.

If this white paper(google "white paper N.H.S"for more info as there is to many pages to put links on the subject) occurs I think we will have more chance of getting help where needed either bariatric of re constructive surgery..
I just hope you have a more supportive G.P than I have.(so you dont have to go through the process i have been through so far.)

Good luck to everyone on there journeys xxxxxxxxxx

Wishing you all the luck in the world and hope things start moving for you now :) xxx

Good for you Lisa. xx

Thanks everyone..
I am glad I have funding...
I am hoping the new system(white paper) in place will be better for others in the long run...I guess its a question of waiting and seeing..
thanks again XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So pleased for you Lisa and perseverance can surely pay... I love your attitude of constructive complaining...

I am sure this will help many on their respective journeys... you are on your way and I am over the moon for you...

Much love, Bev xxx

So pleased for you Lisa and perseverance can surely pay... I love your attitude of constructive complaining...

I am sure this will help many on their respective journeys... you are on your way and I am over the moon for you...

Much love, Bev xxx
Thanks Bev...
everyone's journey is different..
I feel so sad for people who are still in the loop of getting funding...the funding process is to complicated..
Hopefully if the G.P has more control of these situations the problems that arise may not occur.

I don't usually complain...but in this matter I thought it was important to as I was feeling frustrated at the whole pass the buck attitude that has occurred throughout this process.

thanks again bev... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im so pleased for you, Hopefully now you will be able to get off the mark.....WLS wise! Good luck hun and speedy journey :D x

Oh well done Lisa - great news.

Just one question. Is it normal to have a condition that funding be used within 6 months?

Oh well done Lisa - great news.

Just one question. Is it normal to have a condition that funding be used within 6 months?

Hi Karen...thanks...hows the pre op diet going???

6 months is very optimistic for being used for surgery as the waiting list for the L&D is 9 months..
I am sure it means From G.P to first appointment.
I am still awaiting clarification on this clause.
I am not sure if this is standard...even the practice manager was unsure....

This is Northamptonshire P.C.T by the way.

Well done Lisa!! i will be onto my PCT next week and chase them up thanks xx
Hi..Do it Monday and be prepare to be passed around the system...take names of everyone you speak to.

My G.P did false referral.I cannot prove they did not send it...but as the P.C.T did not have a clue who I was after countless phone calls,so after a few weeks it was what I concluded.

My P.C.T only received my details because I complained to my G.Ps practice manager(again) and she faxed the details to the people who I had been speaking to at the P.C.T in front of me.
lol I was not confident in the surgery's staff to carry out such a simple task.

To anyone reading this,contact you P.C.T within a week of your letter requesting funding is sent.
I know different P.C.Ts operate different time scales of processing the application,but basically do it to make sure your name is on their agenda.
Also whilst you are there ask when the decision will be made so you have a rough time scale of how long to wait.
Don't rely on your G.P to tell you the correct information.(I was told 10 weeks from my G.P and 2 weeks from the reception staff.When I spoke to my P.C.T it was actually a 7 day turn around,instant decision was made on receiving and then standard letters sent out to patient..hence 7 days)

|My p.c.t is straight forward ....but the sooner the pct is disbanded and the GP get more authority in the decision making, the better!

My advice here is based of my experience which has been hard and long process due to my unsupportive G.p and the administrative staff at my surgery being less than helpful.
If you take anything from my experience,please let it be that you keep ringing/asking for details of your case....make a nuisance of your self....don't sit back and think that "you are bothering them,"
I wish everyone luck on their quest for the help and surgery they need.
Rant over...xxxxxxxxxx

I soooooooooo agree, I was messed about too, lost about 3 months in total! Mine was due to the hospital though. There is no harm in chasing up every step of the way. If you keep phoning and asking they wont forget you :D x

yeeeeey -= congratulations on getting your funding luv - i wish you the best of luck for the rest of you journey! glad you got there in the end - i was messed about too in the beginning! you wonder what the crack is dont you

Back