• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in chest after balloon removal

novamay

Born Free
Hi all,
Had my balloon removed on Friday and was fine until Sunday. I was at the counter in M&S and I got the most unbearable pain in the centre of my chest, radiating across my body to my arms. I didn't know whether I needed the loo, if I was going to throw up, or having a heart attack! Stopped taking the lansoprazole on Thursday so wondered if it could be stomach acid starting to return to its normal state. Anyone else had this experience?

I was on lansoprazole for acid reflux last year before the balloon went in, but it wasn't as bad as it was on Sunday!

I'm not sure if that is normal for a balloon as I've not had one but that sounds like gallstone pain to me. Intense pain in your chest radiating out, sometimes it is on the right but my mine was centre of my chest and went through to my back. The description of worrying about having a heart attack and that you might throw up and need the toilet is exactly how I felt when I got a attack. I would ring your team to see if it could be a symptom of balloon removal and if not I'd make an appointment to see your GP. Best to get any chest pain checked out asap. Hopefully it's nothing but if it is gallstones your surgeon could take out the gallbladder during your surgery x

Thanks ShelleyMarie, never thought of gallstones. The pain has eased now and i;ve not had an episode since Monday evening - a little wind yesterday but nothing major. I've had my last lansoprazole today so need to see GP anyway to see if I should continue taking them - will mention the pain to him. Will be booking an appointment today.

Back