• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain in left side

Beluca

M 7 weeks post op and since about wk 3 have been suffering with a sharp intermittent pain in the upper left stomach. At first I thought it was wind, but when it persisted I called my provider. At first the nurse told me to go and see my GP which I was really cross about. (I paid privately to have the surgery) but then I got an appointment with the surgeon and he to,d me not to worry but to keep an eye on. The pain has got worse in the last week and as I type this it is so bad that I can't get out of the house to go to work. I am really worried that something has gone wrong inside and cant seem to get an answer from anyone at my provider.

Has anyone else experienced this? What do you think the pain could be??

X

Could be constipation or gall stones?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i had this too till i passed a stone in my urine ...........it felt like a boulder :D:D:D i've now upped my fluid intake upto at least 4 litres a day

Hi, I've also had sharp pains on my left side, it started a few weeks after my operation. I saw my GP who checked me out but couldn't find anything. She did say that after such a big op that these pains are not unusual as my insides were 'settling' and sometimes bits fuse together! I had it for about 2-3 weeks before it subsided, it does still come and go (although nowhere near as bad). Kidney stones were also mentioned as a possibility so I am trying to drink lots. I intent to mention it to my surgeon at my next hospital appointment.
It wasn't constipation with me & apparently gall stones cause pain on the right.

Hope you feel better soon,
Jo x

I would go to your GP if you are worried as intense pain 7 weeks post op sounds unusual to be recovery from the surgery? (I'm talking bypass here, not sure what the case is with other surgeries) In my experience the pain was gone by then completely but maybe I'm wrong. As mentioned the gallbladder is on the right hand side but when I had gallstones my pain was central to my chest and radiating through to my back so I guess anything is possible. Obviously if it is causing you as much pain as to miss work I would definitely see your GP. At least they can do some tests to investigate, either to put your mind at rest or if it's something to do with the surgery then your provider should take over. Hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know how you get on x

Hope ur feeling better soon xxx

If the pain is really bad, don't bother with your GP. Just go straight to A+E, as that's where your GP will send you anyway. Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks everyone. Pain died down yesterday but then moved round to my lower left back and came back during the night. Went to a&e, didn't get seen so came home at 6am and will wait until doctors opens and get emergency appointment. Have Bupa cover so will get referred for a scan. Something defo not right. Have had diarrhoea for last 2 days also .......

Am quite concerned. :(

Back