• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain on side

Malinda

Please can someone help?

I have strange pain on my side (right) that come and goes. Feels like a stitch.
Could it be connected to the Roux en y?
Has anyone else had this?

I kept getting that type of pain on my left side last week. I googled apendix symptoms and gall bladder probs.
Untill I read your post, I hadn't noticed that it had gone!
Iam a bander, so have no proper advice!
xxx

No, gall stones is higher up and feels like indigestion.
Will call my team tomorrow if not better.

Xxx

I have the exact same pain. I think dehydration might be causing it. You have a kidney in that area don't you? I've found that it lessens if I walk around a bit and drink plenty of water. I'm just under 2 weeks post op.

Don't discharge gallstones. I have them and even for me my symptoms and pains vary at times. Right now I am feeling a pain more like a stitch sort of towards the middle of my right side. Does it come on after you eat something? Particularly foods with fat? Try and sort out when exactly the pains happen. It will help you then sort out what might be causing them. If you've just recently had surgery though it is very likely just your body adjusting to its new innards. It took my insides a good couple months to feel totally "normal" again.

I have pain on the left, which can be an indication of 'bowel loops' (most unpleasant and quite nasty). But! My team reckon it's my colon going into spasm and aren't unduly worried. As my, um, mail, moves frequently and I'm not suffering any malnutrition.

If it is persistent, then do go and seek advice as we are all individuals.

Back