• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had surgery yesterday, in so much pain

bex986

Had my sleeve done yesterday, in so much pain, I honestly never expected it to hurt this bad, from where they have filled me with air.
Hopefully they will let me home tomorrow if they can get the pain under control.
Please say the pain goes away soon and I can drink water without it feeling like air bubbles going down making me feel sick :-(

If it's trapped wind pain, see if you can walk as much as possible as that will help shift it. Xx

It's wind and can be so uncomfortable. Get up and out of bed, wiggle about while sat up and rub your chest.. The first 2 days were the worst for me. I had my mum and sister stand and rub my shoulders cause they hurt so much. The first day, all I remember other than a lot of sleeping is I kept rubbing my chest because it hurt so much.. Once you're up and about and can manage walks it wants to come out a lot better.

Well done on having the op, and welcome to the losers bench x

Bless you, I hope you feel better

Feeling a bit better today, the air has finally moved so its just soreness from the surgery which is nothing compared to the air!

Thankyou for all your kind words and advice.
xx

I had the sleeve done

Glad you're feeling better today love. It gets a little better everyday. I felt almost back to normal after 3 weeks xx

I had mine a week tomorrow, today has been my best day
I really fancy Stilton snd broccoli soup and a petit filous!!
Would that be bad? As in make me ill?

You will feel better in a few days Hun, it's grim to begin with but every day it gets easier

Glad it shifted. Those first couple of days are the worst and it's normal to think what the heck have I done to myself. That soon passes as you recover and the weight starts falling off.

I had that after my surgery. The day after I was so sick..and crying "what have I done" but I'm 12days post op and feel brilliant. U will get there.

Today has been a bad day, I just can't get comfortable and even a mouthful of water gives me hiccups which are so painful, and I'm struggling to get enough fluid down, my mouth is so dry and I have a headache, supposed to get down 2 litres of fluid I can't even manage half of that!
Can not wait to feel normal again! Suppose 1 day at a time :-/

1 day at a time is the best way to go about it. It took me 2 weeks to get up to 1500ml.. But now I'm only on approx 1200ml at the most a day. I'm 9weeks out tomorrow. I've always been bad with fluids though... I find fluids the hardest, with having to work around the 'no fluids 30min before and after food' x

Xkirsty88

Thank you, I'm finding I feel slightly better every day, I will as you say take it one day at a time, difficult though isn't it? I keep thinking, will I never enjoy good ever again? Will I ever not be in pain when I drink !? What have I done ? X

Slimby50
How are you getting on with pain/liquids now ? Does it still hurt? I'm a fee days behind you x

Hi...I'm great..feel great, no pain, drinking loads, on pureed food...life is marvellous...except for a compacted bowel (now sorted) and only lost a pound post op..

Xkirsty88 Thank you, I'm finding I feel slightly better every day, I will as you say take it one day at a time, difficult though isn't it? I keep thinking, will I never enjoy good ever again? Will I ever not be in pain when I drink !? What have I done ? X

You will certainly enjoy food again! And the pain will stop. The main things I ate the first 3 weeks were frubes (fromage frais) cheese triangles and home made veg soup blended up. And the main things I drank were weight watchers hot choc and orange squash. I had to swap from sugar to sweetners as sugar made me feel sick. But I was on purée from day 3 as that's how my surgeon liked to do things.. Just keep trying. Little and often and you'll soon feel back to normal. If you're tummy hurts while drinking/eating, sit and wiggle from side to side, that's all I seemed to do! But it really helped get my wind out, both ways!

Back