• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain Left Shoulder

BDA

Hi All
I am 3 days post band op and have am aching left shoulder. I understand that this is very normal but how long will it last? and any useful tips?
Thanks xx

I'm not a bander, but I'm guessing its trapped wind from your op. I found the quickest way to get rid of it was to walk it off. Get up and walk around for 10 mins every hour or so :)

Hi All
I am 3 days post band op and have am aching left shoulder. I understand that this is very normal but how long will it last? and any useful tips?
Thanks xx

It's air/wind, walking helps it and being very unlady like Twinkle Twinkle can help you out there, me thinks she will tell me off for this comment lol

I've been walking lots more and it has eased today, still there but not as bad. Plus it has been, ahem, a little windy on the south coast today which seemed to have helped!

Apart from that, how are you getting on BDA?

Hi RaeB Good to hear from you. Yes also a little windy over here. Seem to have all the expected stuff but did manage to get out for a shprt walk. Its a bit tricky keeping up the fluids and am sooooo bored of milky drinks! Am going to get some clear soup tomorrow which might help.
Have been very careful with the wounds in the shower - desperately don't want an infection.

How are you getting on? x

After my bypass I had trapped wind which can give pain in shoulder. I was given peppermint capsules in hospital and they do work also drinking warm water boiled first and warm hot water bottle on your back just below shoulder and walking about. It will pass in a few days

I was really lucky and didn't suffer with pain from wind. From reading advice on here walking around seems to be the main thing, and windmilling your arms seems to help too.

I hope things are less gusty soon! x

Sat and watched hubby eating a full english breakfast this morning and just felt slightly nauseated. It did smell good but I basically worked out I'd probably go the tomato, mushroom and egg in the future.

Still feel pretty bloated, but at least I'm more comfortable walking around now. Port incision is the only one that I can feel and I keep holding onto it when walking. Not able to burp properly, hopefully this will come back.

Hardly any calories is good from a weightloss perspective, but boy do you run out of energy quickly!

Back