• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy button pain

KimmieH

Hey all

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but.....
I'm just over 3 months post op... over 4.5 stone down. (Hooray!!)
Today I've started getting pain in or around my tummy button. I can feel it as sore when my clothes rub against the area and when I lean or press, or even lightly touch it, it's very painful. Any ideas why or has anyone had the same? It's to the bottom left mostly.
I am going to make an apt to see my GP tomorrow if it's still there and I'll email the group I went with for the surgery too, but just wanted to see what anyone else thought and if anyone has experienced this?

Parsnip

Do you think it might be a hernia or something? Well done on the weightloss x

Bling Babe

Do you think it might be a hernia or something? Well done on the weightloss x
That’s what I was wondering, keep us posted xx

Parsnip

I havent been able to get a GP apt yet, so I'll try again tomorrow. I have read that hernias can happen after WLS...?? Is that right?
Yes, I believe it's quite common x

Sarnie

I havent been able to get a GP apt yet, so I'll try again tomorrow. I have read that hernias can happen after WLS...?? Is that right?
How did you get the on? I thought maybe a hernia x

KimmieH

The pain sort of faded over a couple of days, so ... I didnt see my GP.
It's still tender when its poked lol so I will mention it at my next apt anyway.
I know i know, its naughty, I should've got it looked at. I promise if it gets sore again, I will see my GP.

Sarnie

The pain sort of faded over a couple of days, so ... I didnt see my GP.
It's still tender when its poked lol so I will mention it at my next apt anyway.
I know i know, its naughty, I should've got it looked at. I promise if it gets sore again, I will see my GP.
Definitely mention it, when I got my hernia, I didn't know it was at the time, even went to doctor and he said I'd just pulled a muscle, the pain subsided, didn't think anything more of it, 6 months later I was doubled up in agony where the hernia had blocked my bowel. So the moral of that story is... Please get it checked lol xx