• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon pains

loz31uk

how long have your cramping pains lasted

mine lasted a week to 10 days but now have another problem

they torture hope mine go soon x whats up u ok

got bad burps but i can see if lost some weight now

Hope your both doing well, I didn't really have pain just uncomfortable for 2 weeks or so, it does pass honestly. Smelly burps I'm afraid can continue to the end, your not drinking enough. I know if I've been busy and not drinking well I burp and that soon reminds me to drink more water.
Hope Xmas hasn't been to bad for you, I've been naughty, eaten some sweets, crisps and drank voddie and coke, but now in moderation. I'm not too worried as I have a fill on the 16th of jan and got to be on fluids only for 5 days beforehand so anything I'll gain, I'll soon lose on the liquid diet.

hi im not to bad just getting really bad pains that come n quite often sometimes wont get any for a while but they really uncomfortable hope it goes soon x

hi nic
can i ask how many times a day to you eat im having a slice of toast water and oj then nothing for lunch and a sandwich for dinner i feel gr8 once ive eaten but an hour later i feel seas sick im keeping every thing down i was just think may be i need more thru the day

and a big hug to loz

Hiya remember I'm six months in so I can eat quite a bit, but even in the beginning I was eating about 5 small meals a day,
30g cereal, then salad for lunch, 2 x Rivita with dairylee, and later some fruit or a couple of nuts, not large potions just little and often with plenty of water in between. Depends what shift I'm working, it can be difficult at times to get 5 small portions in x

well just founf out beef is a no no been sick as a dog all day lol well if you could pm me ure Email addy id love to get some more adive and meal plans from you

thanks bigun feeling bit better today pains seem to be easing off which im pleased xx

hi loz hows u doing hun feeling any better with the pains

hi pains seem to be going now bigun feel like my normal self again been a week today since had it done still feel a little funny if stand to long but least i not getting pains like before x hows u

Hi Loz, I've been offline over xmas so been unable to post - but have been thinking about you having your balloon! :553:
Glad to hear that you've had it and that the pains are starting to die down.

thanks for the tip for what to take into hospital - I never thought about the sick bucket for the journey home (even though I get travel sickness)... its top of my list now.

thanks novamay feel so much better today the last week has been hard but its gonna be worth it ive just been laid on settee watching tv once had balloon done on the thurs i wasnt sick til friday morning but only once so was plzd as got to come home friday afternoon when got outside was sick but the 45min journey home was fine wasnt sick til got out car must of been the air both times pains started saturday n was easing yesterday to me the worst part was the pain as was torture n cryed most times but still glad i got it done xx

Did you get discharged with the anti-sick meds and the PPIs for acid from the hospital? What was the procedure like - did it take long to do?

I'm a bit worried because I'm due to have mine on the 3rd Feb and will only be able to have a week off work because colleagues have booked time off over half term so will need to go back on 13th to cover. Its about a 40 min drive each way, so might need to take the barfbucket with me!

yea they discharge you with the anti sick tablets some peppermint oil capsules and lansoprazole to me the procedure was easy took about 30 mins i was really worried about it but there was nothing to it hun could be different for others but im quite cockerly n was fine the docs etc r really nice n everyone in the hospital was lovely its been a week since i had mine n feeling fine today suppose it affects ppl differently there was a lass in same ward as me and she had balloon done right before me and she was ill all night been sick felt sorry for her as she kept asking if id been sick but i hadnt.

good luck with yours hun im sure you will be fine x

Thanks Loz... hope all goes well with the weight loss.

just been to boots and got weighed hun n lost a stone in a week is well happy x

Back