• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post bypasses - couple of questions

Hi Karen
good to see you back hun, i found the wind was horrible for about the first 2 days, it seemed to ease after that, the more mobile i became, the less the wind seemed apparant.
As for being windy after each meal, i wasnt no, it really does subside hun, hang on in there
big hug
xxxx

Welcome back Karen, did i make enough room on the losers bench for you? Don't worry like me you'll shrink to fit :) xx

I found the wind pains lasted for about 4 - 5 days in all honesty, one day i suddenly realised they were gone! As for windiness after each meal i can't answer as i was on fluids for a while.... Try some deflatine and also chew a lot slower xx

Hi Karen
Welcome home hun hope you are doing well. I was lucky i didn't have much trapped wind but if i got it i found moving around helped as did a hot water bottle on the site of the pain. It will ease Karen there will still be a lot of gas there so soon after surgery xx

HIa Karen and lovely t see you back. I still have wind almost 5 weeks out but it's nothing like those first few days. I think it gets easier after the first week. Keep with the deflatine honey. How are you dong other than that? sending big hugs. xxx

I just looked back on my diary on here and I was still struggling with wind and wind pains at a month post-op, I think it was around six weeks post-op when the pains and wind eased off.
Steph xx

Oh god I'm going to need more deflatine then lol.

I'm on fluids but even after soup I find the wind builds up. Ah well at least I can look forward to it being gone at some point. Thanks everyone.

Hi Karen - I didn't suffer from any wind pain so can't help, but just wanted to say I'm glad to see you back !

yay Karen..
nice to see you back here..sorry your having some wind pain...hope it eases off soon hun..
keep well.. xx

Yes sugga it's true. I haven't felt hungry once since Saturday morning before op and I was on water only for the whole of Saturday.

For breakfast the hospital gives me tea and muller light 50/50 with milk. I can't manage the muller light this morning.

I seem to have developed a problem with low bp too - who would have thought. Yesterday it was 103/64 and today 114/59 :eek:

:)Great that you're now a loser Karen:)

Hope the BP improves soon - bet you're glad you stayed for 2 nights

Morning Karen, I hope your BP settles down soon. Its so good that you are back posting so soon after the op :D Take it easy, dont overdo things, your body has taken a right hammering lol it needs to recover :D x

I never got wind pains post op, now I burp after anything even water and I just blame it on my Mark if we are out lol

Back