• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panic stricken!

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
I've been on the pre op diet for 8 days now. I came off it Xmas day (like I was told to) but I didn't go mad.
I have only lost 2lb. I was dieting for 6 weeks before this and have lost 16lb in total. I have had no chocolate, no alcohol, no treats, no meals out.

When I've dieted in the past I've lost a bit the first week then after that it slows to 1 or 2 pounds a week. That's why I usually give in cos it maximum effort for minimum reward.

I'm worried sick that when I go in for my op on Friday they will think I haven't stuck to it.
What do you all think?
I am trying so hard and am proud of myself, I don't want them cancelling my op after working so hard.

XxxX

oh honey you are worrying about nothing.... you have done really well so far.. everything will be fine xxx

The pre op is to shrink the liver if you lose some weight in the process that is a bonus

You'll be fine hun - as everyone else has said the pre-op diet is about shrinking the liver not weight loss so you shouldn't have any problems x

I was worried sick too,
I think everyone worries when they are on the liver diet,I was told to do if for 4 weeks.
On the morning of op when they weighed me I'd lost 1 and half stone x

I lost weight the first week of pre op diet and not a single gram the second week, and I was good as gold. You'll be fine. x

Worry not Lou it will be fine x

I lost weight the first week of pre op diet and not a single gram the second week, and I was good as gold. You'll be fine. x

Thanks Marie

That has really helped put my mind at rest. I'm so close to the op now, I'm panicking that it isn't going to happen for some reason or other. Don't think I will believe it until I'm in the operating theatre.

XxX

Back