• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In a panic

nakipa

Hi
I am 9 days away from my Sleeve surgery and doing the liver shrink diet and not losing any weight which is worrying but....

I am having very real feelings of panic for the last few days. I have been looking at pictures of myself and thinking 'You're not that big' 'You could lose a couple of stone by yourself and live with that' (That is true I can lose it but I just cant keep it off)

Then I start to feel sad for all the food I wont be able to eat, the pleasures of food, the pleasure of cooking and eating food. Why am I feeling like this?
I feel like cancelling my op which I have already paid for. Then when I think that I won't have it done I feel that my only chance of getting the weight off and keeping it off will be gone.

I don't understand my feelings right now, it is almost manic. I am swinging from feeling really excited about being slim and in control afterwards to blind panic and almost verging on the edge of a panic attack.

Did anyone else feel like this? If so how did you deal with it?

I havnt had my op yet , but people regularly post similar things here . It's a bit like knowing someone close to you is dying , you go through all the different emotions of loss , love etc but in this case it is food you are mourning . You won't have to give up all your fav foods , just have less or modified versions .
As for weight loss on liver diet , that's not the point of it .
Deep breath hun , you'll be fine xx

I felt exactly the same lovely right up until the night before when everything became fine. I think this is fairly normal in this game. You'll be fine and pretty soon your only regret will be that you didn't do it 10 years earlier.

Kate x

you will definately be able to eat the foods you love honey :) just in a much smaller amount :) you will be lovely and slim, healthy and enjoying control over food, im also pre op so dont have experience yet, but as pandora says, we see this quite a bit and it seems that you are mourning the loss of food. Also just think of the summer when you'll still be fat (if you cancel the op) you'll be gutted that you cant wear nice shorts, tops etc. its totally normal what you're feeling honey, good luck :) xxx

Completely normal, I swayed from left to right, up until I walked down to theatre (to which adrenalin then sent me hyper but nurses loved it lol). I then had the blues a few days after, thinking wtf had I done...do be prepared for that too. Yet as soon as weight starts to drop off the huge smile comes back as you realise that for the first time ever this op will make you slim! I want the hard graft done n dusted by may time (hopefully) so I can enjoy the summer sun as a new mini me!!! I do think going private is too easy (apart from waving bye to the cash!) and it happens so fast it's unreal..,just stay in the roller coaster and enjoy the ride!!!!!!! :) x

It's all normal. Just relax and it'll be fine. I love cooking and eating and nothings changed. I cook and eat as before but in moderation. It's so much better now as the guilts gone. Be brave it'll pay off.

Anna xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back