• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pasta and all that stuff

trickyvicky

Hey guys, having my band put in on Saturday and I know it's a long way off but I was wondering how people had found moving back to pasta and bread and things as I know they are the more difficult ones to digest

Any sort of advice would be great!

Hi, I'm a sleever so probably not best to advise but I tend to stay away from bread and pasta as they fill me up too much and don't leave any room from the protein.

Thought I would miss both, especially bread but I had a jammy piece the other day and it wasn't nearly as good as the memory of what it tasted like pre op. Our tastes change.

some providers advise you avoid bread, pasta etc. some people find that as they get restriction that they simply cannot tolerate eating it and bread is often the first thing to go.

I have no issues eating it, but then despite 16 fills and almost 2 years out, I still do not have band restriction.

Check your providers guidance ... But for me none of them are a no no. I do eat a small amount of pasta bread or rice. Had a fab risotto last night and no issues. I find them all pretty filling so at my level of restriction they leave me feeling satisfied for longer ... Its right though, I used to find great pleasure from four or five slices of toast, butter and jam, but I honestly don't get the same pleasure from the stuff I used to love nowadays as my taste buds have changed.

I'm just 24 hours post op and right now the thought of anything other than water is so not appealing.

Think I'll just have to try little bits of things to see how I go. Such a pity my favourite meal is my mum's lasagne....the thought of not having that again is a little depressing lol

Had a band for 6 years before recent revision to sleeve. I found brown bread easier than white and toast easier than bread. Pasta was easier than rice too. I also found some days I could eat anything I wanted and other days the same food would just not go through so best to experiment. Good luck with band x

Back