• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Patterns of weight loss

minxie

Hi everyone, happy post-Christmas:D

I was just wondering how people find the weight comes off. I am one of those people who just have to step on the scales every morning and I find that I do not see a loss every day, nor every week:cry:I can be the same weight for days and days, even stretching into a couple of weeks, then 2-4lbs will suddenly go. I certainly don't see a consistant, constant loss.

How about everyone else? I got the impression from a US forum that most people see the pounds going every single day - if that's the case for most people then why not me? And where might I be going wrong?

Believe me hum they are lots of people on here that have weightloss the same as yours. We are all different so lose at different rates. It can be to fluid intake, food intake, age and mobility etc. Stay strong it will happen although may be a little slower than some. Big hugs x

I'm the same as you too. My weight loss is very slow and erratic. I've stopped getting on the scales now, well every day anyway because I get a bit despondent if I do. I must admit that I've had better weekly weightlosses from WW but at least I know that this time I'm losing it for good and it's not going to pile back on again. Which makes surgery all worth while.

Kate x

you've lost a lot of weight already, the closer you get to your goal the slower it comes off, it may be true for some people to lose a lb every day for the first couple of weeks, but it wont stay like that!.

I can stay the same for 2/3 weeks then week 3/4 four lose 4lbs or so.... loss was alot at first almost a 1lb a day but less to lose it has slowed down x

Minxie

mine is just the same as you - i try not to get on the scales but hey ho they jump beneath my feet before i know it. and i am not hardly loosing at all - it is very disappointing - i expected to loose it much quicker than it seems to be i am wondering just what i am doing wrong too.

Hi everyone, happy post-Christmas:D

I was just wondering how people find the weight comes off. I am one of those people who just have to step on the scales every morning and I find that I do not see a loss every day, nor every week:cry:I can be the same weight for days and days, even stretching into a couple of weeks, then 2-4lbs will suddenly go. I certainly don't see a consistant, constant loss.

How about everyone else? I got the impression from a US forum that most people see the pounds going every single day - if that's the case for most people then why not me? And where might I be going wrong?

Thanks everyone - you won't believe how much better you have made me feel:D. We will all get there I guess, and I keep reminding myself this is not a race and it's for keeps;)

I am a bit more laid back about this life altering chance we have been given :) For the first few weeks I lost hardly anything & was a bit despondent but thought about it & realised that I was doing everything I should & not doing anything I shouldn't so just relaxed into it & low & behold, things started moving. I do not weight myself very often now as this was proving to be counter productive. Once a fortnight is enough for me (although I did weigh myself after 4 days over Christmas due to eating more) & now after 12 weeks I have lost 4 stone. I know some lose at a much faster rate, but for me this is fine & I am more than happy. If I lose more, which I am sure I will, that will be great but for now, I am just getting on with my life as it will be from now on, just without the mahoosive meals & followup guilt. I will accept any loss, big or small as I get further down the line as it is all good :D Good Luck, honey ... one day at a time & congratulations on the excellent weight loss you have already achieved xxx :)

Twink, 4 stone in 12 weeks is amazing. Pre op would have been much slower :)

I think we all see some amazing losses and may set our hopes up. Being realistic and knowing that no matter how slow, we will all get there in the end is a massive bonus and beats any diet I have been on!!

Roll on having my intestines cut lol.

Well done on your brilliant losses everyone :)

I think we all see some amazing losses and may set our hopes up. Being realistic and knowing that no matter how slow, we will all get there in the end is a massive bonus and beats any diet I have been on!!

Hope it is soon, Sophie sweethbeart xxx :)

Go Fuffs Go! not long now chick for you and me! Woohoo!

Hope it is soon, Sophie sweethbeart xxx :)

Me to Denise. I have a strange feeling that it will be sooner rather than later (feeling or wishful thinking anyway lol). Cant wait! lol

Go Fuffs Go! not long now chick for you and me! Woohoo!

You must be so excited Lou!!! not many more sleeps for you. I hope I wont be far behind :D

i seem to lose a chunk of weight every 2-3 weeks but it all goes in one hit if that makes any sense lol

Thats quite a cool way for it to happen Jed :)

From the start I've lost a steady 1 or 2lb a week almost no different to pre-op I even regained 2.5lbs when I had a bad week & ate the wrong foods when I allowed old stress related coping methods to get the upper hand. I am still struggling to deal with that aspect of life but I am determined to regain the upper hand over my demons. In the last few weeks the drops have benn nearer 3 or 4lbs but to sustain that I need to direct my new energy into exercise after months of undiagnosed anaemia leaving me with no energy. My 6mth honeymoon period we are all told about is coming ever closer to its end do I really do need to get the head & body working in conjunction with each other to reach my goal & stay there without wasting the marvellous tool this surgery has given me. 6st down overall pre & post-op only a max of another 4st to go to hit the minimum I should weigh for my height.

I am only 7 weeks post op but my weight loss has been slow.... I lost 7lb in my first week and was over the moon, the next week i didnt loose anything the next week. I have now lost 3lb every week since, which i know is a good steady loss but i was expecting results to come off faster. but as long as its coming off im happy!
Keep it up xxx

i lost very quickly at the start..im now 4 and half weeks post op and it looks like it has slowed down a bit... but i am tryin nt to weigh myself now... im just gonna do it on a friday so not get stressy about it... so i will get back to you friday when i weigh myself xx

I know that id lost 14lb on the 10 day pre op and 20lb lost in 13 days....I finally believe it might actually be working for me...Im was so shocked Im shaking in 23 days id lost a total of 34 lb!!

That was a week ago though and haven't weight myself again yet as im scared ive put on.

You are all doing so well!! Well done!!

Great losses peeps well done ;) x

Back