• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Paying private for surgery

Dawn1983

Hiya all I'm new here,

Iv been looking at wls for a while, iv tried all the fad diets going and failed epically, the one that did work I didn't manage to keep the weight off

Iv reached a point in my life where I'm no longer able to do things with my kids because I'm in constant pain in my joints, I get too out of breath far to quick and don't get me started on looking at myself in the mirror

Iv decided to not even bother trying to talk to the go about it as last time I mentioned my weight to the go I was told I wasn't fat enough to need help but that I was morbidly obese and needed to lose weight.

I have a bmi of 37 but my problem is I carry my weight well, being 5'9" and 18+ stone

I'm going to have to go down the finance route because I can't afford to pay it out right

I'm just after recommendations and who to avoid

Google gives mixed signals

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dawn

Hello and welcome, tis a bit of a minefield choosing who to pick but I can't stress enough how important it is to do your own research and pick someone that's right for YOU!. This could be location, right surgeon, right surgery.

We are here to support you but we're not abut recommending one company over another.

Which surgery are you thinking of getting, do you have any other health problems which might mean you qualify to be referred for NHS surgery?

Good luck with your search :D

Hello and welcome, tis a bit of a minefield choosing who to pick but I can't stress enough how important it is to do your own research and pick someone that's right for YOU!. This could be location, right surgeon, right surgery.

We are here to support you but we're not abut recommending one company over another.

Which surgery are you thinking of getting, do you have any other health problems which might mean you qualify to be referred for NHS surgery?

Good luck with your search :D

Hiya, I have been looking at a bypass, the band sounds great but as iv tried lots of diets and lost then regained it puts me off with what iv read about the band.

Other than joint pain, getting out of breath I dont (as far as I'm aware) have any other health issues , but iv not been to the gp to be checked either.

Thank you for replying though, iv seen a few places pop up on Google and I'm looking about at different places, I can rule out going abroad as iv got the kids to worry about

Back