• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Devastated

anna2131

I'm 6 weeks post op tomorrow day of op I was 15 st ,iv weighed myself today how the hell cani put on 3 lb iv stuck to everything iv been told to do,I hardly eat because of the restriction ,so how can I gain weight I do have hashimto's thyroid disease but on meds for it!! I'm so upset as I see my dietician on thurs and I'm failing !!!

Oh Dear, I do feel for you - I would call them, maybe there is something wrong, maybe its just the scales, or time of day - it could be anything, dont panic, give them a quick call and see what they say

xx

Firstly don't panic. I posted something very similar to this when I was about 2 weeks post op. All was well.

My problem was dehydration. My urine was dark, dark dark. As soon as I started drinking like a camel, the 3lbs dropped off, plus another pound.

It isn't possible for you to gain 3lbs of fat unless you are overeating by several thousand calories a day. So it isn't fat. So, it's either TOTM, or water retention, or you're constipated. All three things will retain weight, but relax! It isn't fat!!

Anna Hunni it could be a number of things like Ruthie said xx
My weight changes all day long and can vary from 2 / 3 lbs at a time!!
Your not failing hun, quite the oppisite xx
Try not to weigh yourself for the rest of the week and increase your fluids - am sure you will see a difference xx
Louise xx

Iv just been to docs regarding my thyroid disease which has become a bit unstable since op..He weighed me while iwas there apparently i weigh 3lb less then my scales that were brand new that im now gona lob out the window,i was panicing as know my weight can gain through my thyroid but defo a bit happier now thx all !!

I know how you feel hunni , I not lost a lb this week and same as you my thyroid is unstable hope you lose those pounds soon xx

I am hypothyroid and that is my main reason for all the weight gain. I know i am going to go through the same anxietys as you... also as you know, In winter our thyroid troubles double aswell making everything harder. you are doing great xx

Glad you're feeling a bit better after seeing your GP. That's what I'm worried about post-op - damn thyroid x

Have heart ladies I to have hypothyroidism & have just hit 100lbs loss overall. My last bloods showed my parathyroid levels were raised but that's due to the weight loss & should settle awaiting latest results to see how things are going. I've only lost about 1-2lbs a week before & after surgery & think the thyroid is part of the reason for that but it's going slowly but surely so take heart despite that pesky thyroid disease surgery does work for us. Fluids & exercise help prevent or reduce stalls to so keep up the good fight.

penelope1008 said:
Have heart ladies I to have hypothyroidism & have just hit 100lbs loss overall. My last bloods showed my parathyroid levels were raised but that's due to the weight loss & should settle awaiting latest results to see how things are going. I've only lost about 1-2lbs a week before & after surgery & think the thyroid is part of the reason for that but it's going slowly but surely so take heart despite that pesky thyroid disease surgery does work for us. Fluids & exercise help prevent or reduce stalls to so keep up the good fight.

That's amazing. Well done. Keep it up. Xxx

That's brill Hun well done my thyroid was main reason I was given bypass as my surgeon believes it can help control symptoms!! It's a bit unstable at the moment but that's robe expected wiv the op and weight loss ,so their monitoring wiv monthly blood tests at moment and altering my meds accordingly !! X s

Back