• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCOS - hair loss

loulabelle79

Hi peeps... I have pcos and as a result an very hairy, which really get me down, :(
I get it a lot under my chin and on my face, a few on my boobs and quite a lot around my belly button mainly, I'm just wondering if anyone who has pcos has seen excessive hair reduce after surgery (I'm hoping for bypass)? X

I have PCOS. Badly.

I haven't noticed much difference with my excess hair growth (I get it everywhere) although it is slightly slower growing now

HOWEVER my hair loss. As in male pattern baldness is in FULL SWING!!

My hair is coming out in clumps everyday!! Can now see my scalp!! I have baby fine - toddler like - hair now :'(

I've been told it starts growing back between months 6-9.

I'm currently 4 months post op. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have PCOS. Badly. I haven't noticed much difference with my excess hair growth (I get it everywhere) although it is slightly slower growing now HOWEVER my hair loss. As in male pattern baldness is in FULL SWING!! My hair is coming out in clumps everyday!! Can now see my scalp!! I have baby fine - toddler like - hair now :'( I've been told it starts growing back between months 6-9. I'm currently 4 months post op. Xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Hi.... It's must be scary, I don't think I will cope very well if that happens to me :(
But on the bright side not long before hopefully it should start growing back xx

Hi.... It's must be scary, I don't think I will cope very well if that happens to me :(
But on the bright side not long before hopefully it should start growing back xx

I don't think people realise how strong they are or how well they can cope, until being strong or coping is all you can do xx

I have PCOS and had a band I havent noticed any reduction on my face arms etc but my leg hair seems to be thinner. I am due to start another IPL course the last 2 didnt make a huge difference but am hoping maybe now it will.

I have been prescribed metformin but havent yet started to take it. When I originally saw my surgeon Mr Super he doesnt agree with it

I've just been allowed to start taking my metformin again. I find it really helps and I'm defiantly hairy-er without it xx

Hi, try spironolactone - makes a major difference to me.

Hi, try spironolactone - makes a major difference to me.

I'll google it, thank you xx

Hi, you may already have tried it but there is a cream available only on prescription called Vaniqa. I find this really helps for me. X

spironolactone has a primary use involving fluid retention. I can't have anything which is water retention related with my sleeve

I'll have a look for the other one xx

Hello
I used vaniqa with the pill which stopped the hair growth. I have come off the pill and stopped using the cream as I was a bit of a loon on the pill(moods) and hair has come back. Tempted to go back on the pill again as it really worked. Don't think vaniqa works without the pill? Would be great if someone could advise. I was told they had a combined affect.
Hate metformin as took it years ago. But it did kick start my periods and I fell pregnant.
I was 21 stone. Now 10.7 after gastric bypass feb 2013. Hair growth not as bad since I have lost weight but I have to pluck and immac a lot.

Hi, you do not need to use Vaniqa with the pill. There is nothing wrong with combining the two however there is no need to. Vaniqa works independently. X

I too have PCOS bypassed just over a year ago and a hysterectomy nearly twenty years ago ...the hairy chin & lip are still very much in evidence sorry to say. When I was losing my hair due to bypass I'm afraid to say the unwanted stuff still flourished ..ah well :(

Another pcoser here. 10 and a half months out, lost alot of hair from my head but none of the unwanted stuff sadly. i shave and pluck daily, hoping to get a nono in the sales

Another pcoser here. 10 and a half months out, lost alot of hair from my head but none of the unwanted stuff sadly. i shave and pluck daily, hoping to get a nono in the sales

Did you notice that they come back slower?

PCOS is such a pain in the *rse isn't it!!

PCOS is defo a pain in the arse xx

Sorry Llora but for me they just keep coming at the same rate :mad: ...a bad day for me is when I can't find my tweezers :p

Did you notice that they come back slower?

So far no they arnt any different to before. I keep tweezers everywhere including the car to get rid of the *******

Back