• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess hair question.

if u dont mind me asking have u only been tested for pcos once? i ahve this and it took them 3 years and lots of blood tests to decide... they kept being in the normalish range so they wasent worried. i 2 have a huge problem with excess hair! i shave everyday - sometimes twice! i have had it waxed but it lasted 3 weeks! and i dont have the confidence to have lazer treatment atm while im this big. mines not all over my face but its like marcus on big brother lol.. i dont have a tash! its also jet black hair and my skin tone is snow white! i hate it... im having a bypass in the next few months and im taking a mirror and a razor with me - i even i carry 1 in my bag at all times. please dont think ur on ur own. lots of ppl have the same problem... xx

hi all

I have had pcos for over 20 years.....all the creams , lotions, potions, pills, plucking , tweezering, shaving and losing 4 & 1/2 stone ....etc has not stopped the hair growth.Any doctor who advises you to lose weight (as healthy as that may be for you )and the hair growth will stop , well that could not be further from the truth. once the hair folicals grow and produce unwanted hair in place we rather not have , they have no place to go except grow, losing weight will not stop this ................. I am having my first appointment with dermatologist next tues for electrolysis on the nhs. I say I been patient enough after 20 years...lol..and yes to the lady who said shaving is better as is stimulates the hair growth/folicals, my determatologists told me this only yesterday.

All the best and good luck 2 all -MeJulie xx

Hi Emma
The hospital in my town does laser treatment for unwanted hair and for removing birthmarks but you have to pay £200 for it you could ask your Doctor if they do it in your area . I put on Revlon colourstay and that's good at hiding it . I asked my daughter to wax my chin and she nearly pulled the frigging chin off me so Id say that's a big no no . Good luck and take care.
Margaret xx

It's good to know I'm not alone. Sometimes it makes me feel like a proper monster.

There's lots of info here for me to look into and I think I will be taking a little mirror and razor, just hope no one spots me! lol

Back