• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCOS on the mend

lamb_reader

I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago. I had acne, no periods and weight gain. I took the pill, which made sure I got my period once a month. I stopped taking the pill after the sleeve surgery to see if anything would happen. Now I'm 10 weeks post op and today for the 1st time in YEARS I got my period without taking the pill :D My skin is still pretty bad and I have a lot of weight still to lose but my body can produce a period without the help from extra hormones now :D

Lamb_reader that's fantastic news. I too suffer from pcos and am hoping when I get the op done that my weight loss will ease the symptoms I have as well as help me ovulate naturally to finally start a family. I don't suffer with acne but do have the hair growth issue that really gets me down. Will be good to hear what other benefits you experience in the next few months so hope to hear from you....

Fraggle.

Thats brilliant news and encouraging for others too. Well done and if you keep up doing what you are doing things can only keep improving, onwards n upwards xxx

That is great news lamb_reader :) :) :)

That's fantastic !!! I'm a PCOS sufferer too. I was not on the pill and went a whole year before surgery with no period. Now I 6 moths post and regular as clock work :)

I'm 6 months post bypass and my PCOS symptoms have improved a lot too. I now have a period every month :-( my acne has improved, but I do still get a few spots before my period. My hairiness has also reduced too :)

WW Paula. That's excellent and so encouraging that the hairiness has reduced. I'm hoping for this so badly. It's a nightmare, I wax from big toe right the way up to my eyebrows EVERYTHING!!!!!! And I'm blonde :-/

Hi I am 7 weeks post op and tempted to stop the pill for my Pcos. Do you think this would improve with weightloss? I am mainly concerned with facial hair and between my pill and vaniqa cream this is currently under control.

If your in a relationship I wouldn't stop your pill, as your fertility will increase as the weight goes down. I stopped my pill for 2 years pre op and it made no difference whatsoever.

May wait before I stop. And I am married so bout time hubby went for the snip really! I have 2 lovely boys and although I love babies, weightloss is a priority now x

I had a full on period at 6 weeks out. Its only my 5th proper one ever. Endocrinologist very happy, had a blood test last week, and hormone levels better than ever. My hair has got thicker - believe it or not - as I'm a bit thin on top due to the PCOS. So that's a great sign. It makes me laugh, as its getting thicker before it falls out! I still have my beard and tash unfortunately. I never took the pill, and now post op its not considered to be effective enough.

Hi did you organise to meet your endocrinologist after your bypass? I haven't seen mine for 2 years and he recommended surgery to me.

Thats brill hon!! I found that two days after op I had a period for two weeks but thats what my body always does to me when I lose weight. I too have pcos and hadnt blobbed for over a year. Im on the pop pill so dont have a break to force a bleed. Xxx

Hi did you organise to meet your endocrinologist after your bypass? I haven't seen mine for 2 years and he recommended surgery to me.

I've been under this endocrinologist for 18 months, so have being seeing him every 3-6 months, it was just luck that I had an appointment scheduled quite soon post op. He was pretty chuffed as I'd lost 20kg! He said that he hasn't had a lot of opportunities to observe the effect the bypass has on someone with PCOS only. So he seemed thrilled, lol.

thats great to hear! i have PCOS too...thought my periods might have started by now, i havent had one for literal years! im over three stone down and still nothing- still have a lot more to lose though so fingers crossed! well done to you :) xx

Good to hear things are looking up. My PCOS has kind of got worse in a way. used to Ovulate every month now it has stopped. My body is trying and getting no where fast! May be my age lol

I used to see an endrocronologist mainly for fertility. I was prescribed metformin and fell pregnant. But came off metformin and now on the pill and I use cream for facial hair BUT I am worried this is hindering my weightloss. I may ask to be referred back as he was really helpful. I can't bear the thought of facial hair again though, I don't ever have to pluck or immac my face or neck now!

I have symptoms of PCOS but been diagnosed completely as having it and I look forward to healthier system overall after surgery. Hang in there soul cysters ;)

Back